Clear All

Originally posted by Lumina
    Templates :
    - FORUMDISPLAY
    - MODIFY
    - register
    - SUBSCRIBE
    - USERCP

I would like to know if threads older than 1000 days old are displayed or not when selecting <option value="1000" $daysprunesel[1000]>the beginning</option> ?

Should I translate "the beginning" to :
    - the equivalent of "last 1000 days" ?
    - the equivalent of "always" ?

I don't want to translate to "always" if it is not from the beginning. You could maybee use value="0" or value="-1" to solve this from people wondering how to translate it ?

Thanks.
    You should use 'Always' as 1000 indicates to get all threads.

Comment

Fine. Then why not using key values 0 or -1 instead of 1000 ?

And another question :
      template im_send_icq

Should I translate the following hidden value :
      <input type="hidden" name="subject" value="From WebPager Panel" />
      Or is it another key value that needs to be in English for Mirabilis ICQ ?
      Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
      Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
      Join the vBulletin French community social group!

Comment

Ok all taken care of.. *phew* those date overrides took awhile.

Comment

Great.

But you didn't answered my last question.
          So I'll talk a little bit about design issues, because it is closely related to translations.

Templates newpoll and editpoll

It would be nice to put the forumrules below instead of above...
          - this way it would be in harmony with replies, threads, PM, events, usernotes...
          - this way we would always translate the same :
          Code:
          	See Forum Rules ([COLOR=green]below[/COLOR]) for<br />
          	more information about what<br />
          	codes you are allowed to use<br />
          - and you could also only keep half of the forumrules (the tags rules), because when making a poll we are not really concerned about possibilities of replies, attachments, ... Or make it work just like when editing our signature (template MODIFY).

And even better would be to remove those <br /> from all forum rules, as they are almost untranslatable... If you want fixed line breaks, please use an invisible block element with a fixed width to encapsulate the text instead, and apply it to the following templates :
          - newpoll
          - newreply
          - newthread
          - editpoll
          - editpost
          - PM
          - usernote_note
          - calendar_enterevent

Comment

template PM
            Only registered users may have signatures.
            Well, only registered users may send PM, so you can remove this sentence I believe.

Comment

/register.php
              template register

A few colons are remaining that you can remove too :
              Email:
              ICQ Number:
              Signature:
              template register_imagebit

A colon is remaining that you can remove too :
              Image Verification:
              /profile.php?do=editprofile
              template MODIFY

A colon is remaining that you can remove too :
              Birthdate:
              template MEMBERINFO
              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/member.php?u=21174

The problem with colons is not solved :
              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=54

I suggest to remove them all, as it will be easier for the language file.
              Last edited by Lumina; Thu 14 Aug '03, 8:56am.

Comment

Fine. Then why not using key values 0 or -1 instead of 1000 ?

And another question :
                template im_send_icq

Should I translate the following hidden value :
                <input type="hidden" name="subject" value="From WebPager Panel" />
                Or is it another key value that needs to be in English for Mirabilis ICQ ?
                First question, I don't know I believe it was to be changed but never was.

Second question, again I am not sure but since it is a hidden form field, you can ignore it.

Comment

template register
                  /register.php

Why are you closing option tags twice ? One time with </option>, and one time self closing...
                  Code:
                  <option value="1" $days1selected[color=red][b] /[/b][/color]>Show threads from last day</option>

Comment

All done except I did not alter the text of forumrules. That can be done later if really needed.

Comment

template register
                      /register.php

Why are you closing option tags twice ? One time with </option>, and one time self closing...
                      Code:
                      <option value="1" $days1selected[color=red][b] /[/b][/color]>Show threads from last day</option>
                      Just a mistake..

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie
                        First question, I don't know I believe it was to be changed but never was.
                        I found that -1 is forum default. So you would have to use 0 or -2 for "always".
                        Well, at least, it is not an issue as big as the y2k bug.

And there is an inconsistency between register and MODIFY :
                        Possible values for MODIFY :
                        <option value="-1" $daysdefaultselected>Use Forum Default</option>
                        <option value="1" $days1selected>Show threads from last day</option>
                        <option value="2" $days2selected>Show threads from last 2 days</option>
                        <option value="7" $days7selected>Show threads from last week</option>
                        <option value="10" $days10selected>Show threads from last 10 days</option>
                        <option value="14" $days14selected>Show threads from last 2 weeks</option>
                        <option value="30" $days30selected>Show threads from last month</option>
                        <option value="45" $days45selected>Show threads from last 45 days</option>
                        <option value="60" $days60selected>Show threads from last 2 months</option>
                        <option value="75" $days75selected>Show threads from last 75 days</option>
                        <option value="100" $days100selected>Show threads from last 100 days</option>
                        <option value="365" $days365selected>Show threads from last year</option>
                        <option value="1000" $days1000selected>Show all threads</option>

Possible values for register :
                        <option value="-1" $daysdefaultselected >Use forum default</option>
                        <option value="1" $days1selected />Show threads from last day</option>
                        <option value="2" $days2selected />Show threads from last 2 days</option>
                        <option value="5" $days5selected />Show threads from last 5 days</option>
                        <option value="10" $days10selected />Show threads from last 10 days</option>
                        <option value="20" $days20selected />Show threads from last 20 days</option>
                        <option value="30" $days30selected />Show threads from last 30 days</option>
                        <option value="45" $days45selected />Show threads from last 45 days</option>
                        <option value="60" $days60selected />Show threads from last 60 days</option>
                        <option value="75" $days75selected />Show threads from last 75 days</option>
                        <option value="100" $days100selected />Show threads from last 100 days</option>
                        <option value="365" $days365selected />Show threads from the last year</option>
                        <option value="1000" $days1000selected />Show all threads</option>

I suggest to change or merge the values in red or to provide a new system similar to the calendar events : one drop-down for numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5), one drop-down for units (days, weeks, months).
                        Last edited by Lumina; Thu 14 Aug '03, 7:10am.

Comment

Templates register and register_quick
                          Timezones are too large (especially when translated with enough European or Asian cities). You should use the same trick as with MODIFY, changing the following :
                          <td class="alt1"><b>Time offset:</b><br />
                          <span class="smallfont">$timezone Please select your timezone from the list:</span></td>
                          <td class="alt1"><span class="smallfont"
                          ><select name="timezoneoffset">
                          To the following :
                          <td class="alt1" colspan="2"><b>Time offset:</b><br />
                          <span class="smallfont">$timezone Please select your timezone from the list:<br /><select name="timezoneoffset">

Comment

Template register_quick
                            Please enter a valid email address. You can choose to hide it below in the preferences section.
                            Wrong, you can't choose to hide it below when doing a quick registration.

Comment

Ok all taken care of.

Comment

search.php
                                Template SEARCH-FORUMS

When displaying results from a search, it happens that multiple forums or multiple users were searched. If this happens, those two variables (at least) are hardcoded :
                                $displayUsers
                                $displayForums

Example : search for user "min", and it displays "Terminator or Lumina"
                                Example : search for forums "Chit-Chat" and "Support", and it displays "Chit-Chat, or Support"

ps : About the 0 or -2 instead or 1000 for maximum view age, you can notice that when performing a search, "always" is coded with value "0" instead of "1000", so it is not an impossible task.
                                Last edited by Lumina; Thu 14 Aug '03, 11:18am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X