• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• htaccess protection?

I used this for 2.3.0

How do you set up .htaccess to use forum passwords from a vb 3 DB

sorry if this is a redundant thread

It isn't smart to use the same password for the forum as well as the apache protection. It will become obsolete. I also do not think it is possible because vb3 uses a unique salt per user.

Comment

Why not just use the forum password option in vB3? There's no need to use htaccess.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

sorry if my first post lacked details. I'm referring to non-vb pages

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Vega
          sorry if my first post lacked details. I'm referring to non-vb pages
          For non-vB pages just include the "includes/global.php" file to use the existing user permissions with the non-vB page.

Comment

so if I use an include to grab the global file,people visiting a non vb page will be prompted to login? (assuming I dissallow guest vewing)

I guess that will work for now,it's still not as flexible as the original script for 2.x.x That one allowed me to specify usergroups,pretty handy.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X