What is the status on the VB CMS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the status on the VB CMS?

I'm not sure if this is the place to post questions like this, but I'll give it a shot anyways. What is the status of the VB CMS? I am currently running vbportal and I know they're working on a portal system for vb 3.0. I was just curious what vbulletin's plans were, since I have heard rumors of a CMS floating around that is released by the same people. A couple of questions about it are:

1. What % of it is done?
    2. Will it cost extra?
    3. Got a screenshot??
    4. How long after vb3.0's release can we expect to see it?
    idiotboy
    www.LAN-Gaming.net

1. Don't know
    2. Yes
    3. No.
    4. Don't yet know this either. It's too early in the process to estimate release dates.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Is it too early to estimate a cost? Just wondering as this is really intruiging.
      Visit NoizPollution.com // Your Music Source

Do not PM or email me for support, you will not receive a response. Please post all requests for support in the main vBulletin forums or via the support system in the main members section of the site.

Comment

Originally posted by 662Corporation
        Is it too early to estimate a cost? Just wondering as this is really intruiging.
        There are hardly any details around about it.

Expect it to at least cost the same as vBulletin, imo. Most proffessional CMS systems cost alot of money. (Depends how full out they decide to go on it i guess)

Comment

There have been no discussions regarding cost yet.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I doubt it will cost more then the forum software, since I heard it will be a module (add-on-ish) for vbulletin. It will not be a stand alone.

Comment

personaly if i knew i was getting a great product like vb is i would pay 160 for it. but hey call me crazy

Comment

Crazy

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
                  I doubt it will cost more then the forum software, since I heard it will be a module (add-on-ish) for vbulletin. It will not be a stand alone.
                  I remember reading it will be standalone and will plug into vbulletin ;\

Comment

Are you guys talking about Teck's new CMS he is coding right now?

And xiphoid, what about Monday? edit: beta5?

Comment

what does cms stand for?

Comment

content management system if im not mistaken

and no we are talking about vbulletins

Comment

Isn't vContent on hold until vB3 final is released?

Comment

Originally posted by S.Shady
                            personaly if i knew i was getting a great product like vb is i would pay 160 for it. but hey call me crazy
                            I agree, I don't mind paying around $ 150 for it If it has the same quality as the vbulletin software.
                            Originally posted by merk
                            I remember reading it will be standalone and will plug into vbulletin ;\
                            I can't remember Kier saying it will be a stand alone. I am pretty sure he said it required vbulletin. But hey. since developement might change everything - we will see in a years time or so maybe.

And xiphoid, what about Monday? edit: beta5?
                            I hope so

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X