Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

basa i only got a link to your forums on the 31-7-03. I never recieved any access to your server. If you can pm me the admin details i'll look into it tonight.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Ok, thanks, I've just PM'ed root access, vb admin username, etc. If you need anything else please let me know. I look forward to figuring out what's going on!
      Sebastián J. Bianchi

Comment

I was also getting the 8M exhausted error messages .. so I changed php.ini to 16M .. and now I also am getting the same error messages for 16M being exhausted ..

Unfortunately I can't link to an example as when it happens I have to reboot my server ..

Scott .. if you need to have another server to look at to see if it's the same problem as basa give us a shout and I'll pass my admin details over to you ..
        It's a Savage Universe out there!

Comment

it doesn't appear to be constant which is defiantely interesting.

There shouldn't be anything that dynamic to cause huge increases in memory usage then nothing.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Hi Scott,

Did you take a look at my server? Do you have any idea as to what the problem could be, or are we at a standstill? I am still getting these, in fact I got one tonight. I do not have to reboot, just typing in the url for the main forum in my browser resets it.

If you need to trouble shoot with tools you can use my server if need be, the thing is live and going.
            Sebastián J. Bianchi

Comment

I have been troubleshooting at the moment.

The fact that it only appears at certain times implies its something dynamic thats changing in size such as who's online, calendar events, birthdays etc

The next time it appears can you pm me the link to the page, the error message and how many users are online at that time.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                I have been troubleshooting at the moment.

The fact that it only appears at certain times implies its something dynamic thats changing in size such as who's online, calendar events, birthdays etc

The next time it appears can you pm me the link to the page, the error message and how many users are online at that time.
                I just sent you a PM. This is still going
                Sebastián J. Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by basa
                  I just sent you a PM. This is still going
                  I know this was covered a lot, but I still get it and have not had resolution to it.
                  Sebastián J. Bianchi

Comment

i've been looking at our own forums and the most i've seen it is 3mb per page load.

I've really been unable to find the specific cause of this if there is any.

Is it still in forumdisplay.php that this is happening?
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I am having this problem also. I upped the 8m to 20m and after a week of being ok, I just got the error again. Now that seems kind fo silly. I mean what should be taking up 20m.

I has just clicked on a link to view the second page of a tread when it happened.

Comment

What is your mysql max_packet_size set to?

Comment

? how do I check that?

Comment

It will be shown in your Admin Control Panel on the first page if you have View Quick Information turned on in the options.

You can also find this in your my.ini file or by typing "SHOW VARIABLES" into a query for MySQL.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Scott I sent you all my login info, so you should have. Here is one time when it always happens, sooner or later - when you rebuild the search index. Now that's the only time, but that is one time that it always. It never finishes, and so I have never been able to properly populate the search index.
                              Sebastián J. Bianchi

Comment

MySQL Maximum Packet Size1.00 MB

so I assume I would have to increase that? How owuld I do that?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X