Test forum - possible at all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test forum - possible at all?

I've tried to set up a test forum for both 2.x and 3.x, but neither will allow me to stay logged in on the test forum. Even after a lengthy support ticket, no dice.

So my question: is there any conceivable way to set up a test forum that works on the same server as your main board?

Yes, I currently have a board setup on the same server... the problem however I think is the cookies, which are replaced each time you log onto a board within the server... Im probably wrong however... I also get this error, but its not a big issue, just log back in (For me anyway)

Comment

I assume by 'server' you mean 'domain'. You need to have the correct cookie domain and path settings for both forums in order for the cookies not to conflict.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, I was going to edit to "domain."

That was the issue of my support ticket, we tried lots of combinations for cookie domains/paths and it did not work.

Comment

install to subdomains

test.yourdomain.com
          forums.yourdomain.com

Comment

You dont need to edit in the cookie domain - leave it blank (in fact I think it was causing some admin lockout problems, Kier had to write a patch to fix it.) All tou need to do is specify your cookie path in BOTH your live and test forums. Then you'll stay logged in and properly cookied to both forums.

Example:

your live forum is..

yourdomain.com/forums/

your cookie path is..

/forums

Your test forum is...

yourdomain.com/test/forums

your cookie path is..

/test/forums

That's all you need to do.
            Last edited by tril0Byte; Sat 26 Jul '03, 7:34pm.
            BritishBlades :: Cutsom Knives

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X