One more upgrade - styles question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more upgrade - styles question

I am navigating the new vB (very nice!), and I have two fairly easy to answer styles question.

The styles from vB2 upgraded and I suspect that after uploading the apropriate images, they will look the same. Why did I read that vB2 styles can not be used?

And, more importantly, the main forum page style did not seem to upgrade. Say I modify the setting (just put in the right colors, etc on the tables, no hacks), will I have to do this over when vB gold comes out? per this,

"but be aware that major customizations will have to be re-done at the Release Candidate or Gold stage."

Are the colors considered a "major customization"?

Thank you,

Sebastian
    Sebastián J. Bianchi

The vB2 styles will not work in vB3. They are 'imported' for reference only.

I doubt the code relating to colors will change but I can't say for certain.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have to admit this software has made me feel fairly dumb, and I thank you for bearing with me

The forums that used the styles do show the proper colors that were set in vb2 (I upgraded), so should I deleted them and make new ones anyway?

Thanks,

Sebastian

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      The vB2 styles will not work in vB3. They are 'imported' for reference only.

I doubt the code relating to colors will change but I can't say for certain.
      Sebastián J. Bianchi

Comment

If you've just customized colors, the style will probably be OK, although I'd recommend browsing through the CSS section as I believe vB3 implements some new classes.

If you have customized templates in a style, that's where you'd see that vB2 styles won't work with vB3. (It's actually pretty funny looking.)

Comment

Aaaahhh.... and there's my answer! Beautiful, thank you. That explains why the main style didn't work, and all the others did. Well, thank you sir, you've made my life a lot easier.

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
          If you've just customized colors, the style will probably be OK, although I'd recommend browsing through the CSS section as I believe vB3 implements some new classes.

If you have customized templates in a style, that's where you'd see that vB2 styles won't work with vB3. (It's actually pretty funny looking.)
          Sebastián J. Bianchi

Comment

Working...
          X