Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I configure the default "Thread Subscription" setting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I configure the default "Thread Subscription" setting?

Hi guys,

How do I configure the default "Thread Subscription" setting? As a forum admin, I would like to set the default setting on the "Thread Subscription" as "Instant notification by email" for all users.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    -Tuan
    WWW.CARBABEFORUM.COM

anyone?
    WWW.CARBABEFORUM.COM

Comment

Originally posted by Tuan Le
      Hi guys,

How do I configure the default "Thread Subscription" setting? As a forum admin, I would like to set the default setting on the "Thread Subscription" as "Instant notification by email" for all users.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
      -Tuan
      In your registration templates (register),
      Search for:
      Code:
        <label for="rb_emailnotification_1"><input type="radio" name="options[emailnotification]" value="1" id="rb_emailnotification_1" $emailnotificationchecked[1] />Yes</label>
        <label for="rb_emailnotification_0"><input type="radio" name="options[emailnotification]" value="0" id="rb_emailnotification_0" $emailnotificationchecked[1] />No</label>
      And change to:
      Code:
        <label for="rb_emailnotification_1"><input type="radio" name="options[emailnotification]" value="1" id="rb_emailnotification_1" $emailnotificationchecked[1] />Yes</label>
        <label for="rb_emailnotification_0"><input type="radio" name="options[emailnotification]" value="0" id="rb_emailnotification_0" $emailnotificationchecked[0] />No</label>
      This is not tested but it does select the option to YES instead of NO.
      sigpic
      Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

Thanks I'll give that a try
        WWW.CARBABEFORUM.COM

Comment

VB 3.0.0 RC2 > admincp > options > user registration options > default registration options.

Comment

Once again, this option didn't exist when this thread was posted.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Once again, this option didn't exist when this thread was posted.
              No worries - I was just doing the good samaritan thing by bringing these threads up to date. I was using the (old, but good at the time) information in these threads to attempt to make the same changes, but couldn't seem to make head nor tail of the template code. It was an hour before I worked out that these options are now built into the friendly admincp. Hopefully this will save someone else mucking around in template code when they don't now need to.

Comment

Working...
              X