Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to email all members when any member makes a post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to email all members when any member makes a post?

I'm considering using vBulletin to assist in the management of a small project/team (4-6 people). I need for vBulletin to act more like a message board, such that if any one member makes a post (new or a reply), all members get notified by email (preferably with an excerpt of the post).

I guess it would be nice to allow individual members to unsubscribe from this option if they want, but the default should definitely be to notify all members.

Is this a standard feature in vBulletin? Here's hoping :-)

No, this requires a third party email program, preferribly a mailing list.

BUT

You can setup a forum to send an Email to someone if there is a new post or thread.

Add all your members to a mailing list, and as the main email, set this in your forum properties.

Now when there is a new post, it will email to this email, and that means it will email everybody on the mailing list.

If a user subscribes to a post, they already get an email ofcourse.

Comment

Floris,

Thank you for this great idea. I've been trying to figure out a solution to having an announcement mailing list integrate with my vBulletin forum. You just provided a solution. Thank you!

The only other thing I wish I could figure out is how to setup vB to act as a mailing list archive for another project I'm working on.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X