Removing Redirects Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Redirects Problem

My moderators are having troubles removing redirects on their own and I am getting this database message everytime they do:

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.0 Beta 4:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT permissions
    FROM moderator
    WHERE userid = 11 AND forumid IN ()

mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 3

mysql error number: 1064

Date: Thursday 10th of July 2003 12:21:06 AM
    Script: http://www.senatesim.com/forums/postings.php
    Referer: http://www.senatesim.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8349
    Username: [remove]
    IP Address: [removed]
    I am not sure though if I have gotten this just from trying to remove redirects, although that seems to be the problem lately .

If you remove the redirects yourself, do you also receive this error?

Because I never had any error emails after I applied remove redirects as administrator, and from postings.php (around line 1380+) I do not really see a syntax error in the code.

I think it is moderator related, since it looks like it goes wrong here:

if (!can_moderate($threadinfo['forumid'], 'canmanagethreads'))

I just don't know where can_moderate is set. Couldn't find it in global or functions. Init maybe?

By the way,
    by default, moderators will not see the administrators drop down box, so how do they remove the redirects?

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
      If you remove the redirects yourself, do you also receive this error?

Because I never had any error emails after I applied remove redirects as administrator, and from postings.php (around line 1380+) I do not really see a syntax error in the code.

I think it is moderator related, since it looks like it goes wrong here:

if (!can_moderate($threadinfo['forumid'], 'canmanagethreads'))

I just don't know where can_moderate is set. Couldn't find it in global or functions. Init maybe?

By the way,
      by default, moderators will not see the administrators drop down box, so how do they remove the redirects?
      I have no problem removing the redirects, I recieve no error message or anything. As for how they see, I am not really sure possibly I set it up that way somewhere?

Comment

Make a test user and give him moderator usergroup.

Then login and see if you see the drop down box for admin options on the thread pages.

Because, if I understand you correctly, this is what you are talking about right? When they use that 'remove redirects' option ?

If you do it on a thread as moderator and get a blank page with the error, right click and read the source code to see what it really says as error. And if you don't get it, check for the email.

I don';t know which setting you have set to have moderators allow to access the admin drop down box. maybe you have set their usergroup 'yes, is a moderator? '. hehe

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
          Make a test user and give him moderator usergroup.

Then login and see if you see the drop down box for admin options on the thread pages.

Because, if I understand you correctly, this is what you are talking about right? When they use that 'remove redirects' option ?

If you do it on a thread as moderator and get a blank page with the error, right click and read the source code to see what it really says as error. And if you don't get it, check for the email.

I don';t know which setting you have set to have moderators allow to access the admin drop down box. maybe you have set their usergroup 'yes, is a moderator? '. hehe
          I did what you asked and yes I saw the admin panel for the forums I was moderator in and when I tried to remove the redirect I got an error. The source code is:

Code:
          <html><head><title>The Senate Simulation Database Error</title><style type="text/css"><!--.error { font: 11px tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; }--></style></head>
          <body></table></td></tr></table></form>
          <blockquote><p class="error">&nbsp;</p><p class="error"><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the The Senate Simulation database.</b><br />
          Please try again by pressing the <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">refresh</a> button in your browser.</p><p class="error">An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="mailto:[email protected]">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p class="error">We apologise for any inconvenience.</p></blockquote>

<!--
          Database error in vBulletin 3.0.0 Beta 4:

Invalid SQL: 
          			SELECT permissions
          			FROM moderator
          			WHERE userid = 457 AND forumid IN ()

mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 3

mysql error number: 1064

Date: Thursday 10th of July 2003 10:55:08 PM
          Script: [url]http://www.senatesim.com/forums/postings.php[/url]
          Referer: [url]http://www.senatesim.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15192[/url]
          Username: test account
          IP Address: 24.25.94.242
           -->

</body></html>

Comment

Thank you for trying, and it looks that in this 'unique?' situation the forumid isn't provided. Either due to a syntax error (probably) or due to a function going bad.

I couldn't find it. :\

If you can't find a bug for this in the bug tracker, I''d advice to submit it.

Comment

Control Panel -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Select "Edit Forum" for any forum (and submit) -> Submit the edit forum page without making any changes.

Do they still get the error?

If so, I will need FTP access details and a moderator account so I can figure out where it's going wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X