Importing Single Thread from UBB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Single Thread from UBB?

Any idea how to import an individual thread from UBB6 to VB? Some joker deleted his posts before we had a chance to turn that function off and we lost some good threads. Trying to import it from the old system if at all possible.

Thanks!
    Dave

No idea at all. I imagine this would take some pretty sophisticated MySQL querying.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by FirehouseCom
      Any idea how to import an individual thread from UBB6 to VB? Some joker deleted his posts before we had a chance to turn that function off and we lost some good threads. Trying to import it from the old system if at all possible.

Thanks!
      Dave
      One of my new admins deleted a forum by accident, i lost around 1k posts and 12 private forums.

It took me around 18 hours of solid sql dumping, php manipulation and thinking to get it back inserted.

Make sure you backup LOTS when running beta software, and if you have a backup since you upgraded, you should be able to just pull that line out of the backup and re-insert it.

Make sure you run update-counters and the like after doing it, and make sure the forum is closed and you backup every step of the way, if your going to do it.

Comment

Working...
      X