Another Database Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Database Error

I get this email from my Beta 4 board.....

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.0 Beta 4:

Invalid SQL: SELECT attachmentid, COUNT(*) AS views FROM attachmentviews GROUP BY attachmentid
    mysql error: Can't find file: 'attachmentviews.MYD' (errno: 2)

mysql error number: 1017

Date: Thursday 03rd of July 2003 05:10:07 PM
    Script: http://www.wog.ch/forum/cron.php?&rand=856211
    Referer: http://www.wog.ch/forum/showthread.php?t=12783
    Username: The Killer
    IP Address: 80.75.192.71

I then tried to repair this by optimizing and repairing the "attachmentviews" table in the admincp. This was the result:

attachmentviews Check Error: Can't find file: 'attachmentviews.MYD' (errno: 2)

Maybe someone can help. I upgraded my board from Beta 3 to Beta 4 and had no such errors before.

Bye
    Morpheus

Error code 2: No such file or directory

You are missing the attachmentviews table. Was this an upgrade or new install and did you get any errors?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It was an upgrade from Beta 3 and I got no errors...

Comment

Something went wrong because that table is missing. Unfortunatley all I can suggest is finding the query to create that table in install/mysql-schema.php and running it. However I would be concerned that there are other tables missing as well.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

no the entry for the table is there, it would show a different error if the table didn't exist.

The file has actually been physically removed from the filesystem after it was created. Speak to your host for more information.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I am my host...

Could you possibly give me any advice, how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Morpheus

Comment

backup file?

path is usually
              /path/to/mysql/data/databasename/attachmentviews.MYD

Find your directory and go into the folder and look and see if the file exists. it could be incorrect permissions. Else look for a backup you made and restore that single file.

Else you might have to just drop that table and re-create it in phpMyAdmin.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

how to re-create it in phpMyAdmin
                the
                'threadviews.MYD'
                and
                'attachmentviews.MYD'
                tell me how?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                  backup file?

path is usually

Find your directory and go into the folder and look and see if the file exists. it could be incorrect permissions. Else look for a backup you made and restore that single file.

how to re-create it in phpMyAdmin
                  the
                  'threadviews.MYD'
                  and
                  'attachmentviews.MYD'
                  tell me how?

Comment

you can't recreate it in phpMyAdmin the files have actually been removed and will have to be restored by the host.
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                      backup file?

path is usually

i have drop that table and need to re-create it in phpMyAdmin.

Comment

OK
                        TELL ME HOW TOre-create it in phpMyAdmin
                        FOR
                        the
                        'threadviews table
                        and
                        'attachmentviews table

Comment

You''ll need to look in the install/mysql-schema.php file and locate the specific queries.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I am experiencing the same exact issue after my upgrade to v3. I shared this thread info with my host and he pulled the information out of mysql-schema and recreated the table manually - - but, I'm still getting the same error messages. Is there something else to do? Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

What's the complete error messages?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                              X