Conditionals - currently logged in user info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditionals - currently logged in user info

Hi, Just wondering how would I go about accessing information of the currently logged in user. Here is the logic I am going to use...

<if condition="$currentuser[oneofusergroups] == 15">Awaiting E-mail Confirmation<else />Registered User</if>

The trick, as you might have guessed, is that this needs to go into custom title field for a group. Basically, something like what Jelsoft is using on these forums to identify licensed users...

Any ideas?
    HFT Online - Professional computer help ... with a personal touch

<if condition="$bbuserinfo[usergroupid] == x">something</if>
    <if condition="$bbuserinfo[usergroupid] == y">something else</if>

etc. You can build on that.
    To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. -- Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by cka
      <if condition="$bbuserinfo[usergroupid] == x">something</if>
      <if condition="$bbuserinfo[usergroupid] == y">something else</if>

etc. You can build on that.
      What if they are searching for secondary usergroups and not the primary?
      PHP Code:
      if ($bbuserinfo[usergroupid] == USERGROUPID OR strpos($bbuserinfo[membergroupids], "USERGROUPID")
      {
      code
      }
      else
      {
      other code

Sorry, my head isnt working properly to be able to convert to conditionals (should be simple though)

(Replace USERGROUPID with the usergroup id your searching for. dont have multiple values in there)

Comment

ok that's a start. thanks.

but can this be used in custom titles?

Comment

Originally posted by Techguy1
          ok that's a start. thanks.

but can this be used in custom titles?
          How do you mean in "custom titles" ?

Comment

merk

'Senior Member' or whatever else is there would be your custom title.

Comment

merk

'Senior Member' or whatever else is there would be your custom title.
              Yes, i understand that, but what exactly are you looking to do with the custom title?

You want to test if they have a user title? You want to modify it on a usergroup basis??

Comment

i want moderators to be able to see a slightly different custom title than other users. i.e. Unverfied COPPA Users instead of just Registered User

Comment

dot dot dot ')

Comment

dot dot dot ')
                    Try in postbit_userinfo
                    Code:
                    <if condition="can_moderate()">
                    <!-- user is an administrator or a (super)moderator -->
                    <if condition="$post[usergroupid] == [b]COPPA_GROUP_ID[/b]">COPPA USER</if>
                    <if condition="$post[usergroupid] == [b]3[/b]">USER IS AWAITING EMAIL CONFIRMATION</if>
                    </if>
                    Unfortunatly i dont know the coppa usergroupid because it doesnt show on my forums (ive disabled coppa because i run an australian site).

This would ADD another line to the postbit, not replace the current usertitle, its an easy enough fix to make it also replace, but i think having multiple lines is better.

can_moderate() will pull administrators, supermoderators or any moderator that has access to moderate _anywhere_. I can probably make it only show the moderator that information if the post is in a forum they moderate too, but necessary?

Comment

ok i get the logic. thanks a lot

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X