Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta 4 New Installation

Running Mysql 3.23.41 and PHP4

Did a fresh install of 3Beta4 and went to http://www.vhi-corp.com/forums/install/install.php

got a box that wanted my customer number with a button enter insaller. I enter my number and click the button and the number disappears and gives me the box again.

I clicked on the link caled New Installation and received the following in an email.

Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:
    ### QUERY SPECIAL TEMPLATES ###
    SELECT title, data FROM datastore
    WHERE title IN ('options', 'cron', 'forumcache', 'usergroupcache', 'userstats', 'birthdaycache', 'maxloggedin', 'iconcache', 'eventcache')

mysql error: Table 'vhi.datastore' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

Date: Saturday 28th of June 2003 10:03:54 PM
    Script: http:///forums/index.php
    Referer: http://www.vhi-corp.com/forums/install/install.php

The database is empty doing a fresh install with no previous knowledge of Vbulletin. We have other boards running fine on 2.3.0 currently. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by queticon
    Running Mysql 3.23.41 and PHP4

Did a fresh install of 3Beta4 and went to http://www.vhi-corp.com/forums/install/install.php

got a box that wanted my customer number with a button enter insaller. I enter my number and click the button and the number disappears and gives me the box again.

I clicked on the link caled New Installation and received the following in an email.

Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:
    ### QUERY SPECIAL TEMPLATES ###
    SELECT title, data FROM datastore
    WHERE title IN ('options', 'cron', 'forumcache', 'usergroupcache', 'userstats', 'birthdaycache', 'maxloggedin', 'iconcache', 'eventcache')

mysql error: Table 'vhi.datastore' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

Date: Saturday 28th of June 2003 10:03:54 PM
    Script: http:///forums/index.php
    Referer: http://www.vhi-corp.com/forums/install/install.php

The database is empty doing a fresh install with no previous knowledge of Vbulletin. We have other boards running fine on 2.3.0 currently. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Just a suggestion. could this be the problem?

Script: http:///forums/index.php <--that is what comes in the error

Comment

Did you copy config.php.new to config.php and edit it with the appropriate database values?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        Did you copy config.php.new to config.php and edit it with the appropriate database values?
        Yes.

I have even deleted everything and reinstalled it. I get the same thing. This is on a fresh install and not an upgrade. It is trying to access the database like there is something there, when the database is empty.

Can someone point me to 3 beta 3 version. Maybe without screen to check your customer number will let it install. I notice people are getting upgrades to work, but it seems I am the only one doing a fresh install.

Q

Comment

Beta 3 is no longer available for downloading.

I'm sorry but I haven't a clue as to the cause of your problem. Perhaps one of the Developers will have an idea.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

How can this be a clean install when a vB2.3.0 is already installed in the directory forums?

Comment

Originally posted by AViO 07
              How can this be a clean install when a vB2.3.0 is already installed in the directory forums?

I just installed that, think I could try it on the upgrade side to get this to work. I installed 2.3.0 right after posting the last message.

Comment

Oh then my fault, lol, how about you download Beta 4 and then try installing?

Comment

Originally posted by AViO 07
                  Oh then my fault, lol, how about you download Beta 4 and then try installing?
                  I was thinking about that. See if it would go in with the upgrade script instead. So far not many have had trouble going this route, so I thought it my be worth a try.

Q

Comment

i have the exact same problem, the thing is simply asking for a customer number

config.php has been edited
                    no PHP errors, it just cycles around
                    Craig Peters
                    Webmaster Astrominia.com Ltd

Comment

i was going to ask for a MD5 hash of the files, but realised as it has your member number in each file, this is not going to be possible, and everyone will have a different md5 hash of the zip

my customer number is in my records on this account, is it possibe for a admin to generate me a MD5 to check if the thing downloaded correctly

i can see the code i think is the problem, but i dont know the rules regarding pasting code here
                      Craig Peters

Comment

Originally posted by starbucks
                        i have the exact same problem, the thing is simply asking for a customer number

config.php has been edited
                        no PHP errors, it just cycles around
                        Are you sure you are using your 12 character customer number and not your license number?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Are you sure you are using your 12 character customer number and not your license number?
                          Yes I tried it with both my customer number and my license number. Neither one would work. I also checked my customer number against the one hardcoded in the files and they both were the same.

I am at a loss on this one??

Comment

My response was to starbucks. This is why I don't like more than one person posting their problems in the same thread. It makes it difficult to help. Are you still having the database problem in your first post?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

My response was to starbucks. This is why I don't like more than one person posting their problems in the same thread. It makes it difficult to help. Are you still having the database problem in your first post?
                              i have tried both steve, simply goes back to the prompt
                              Craig Peters

Comment

Working...
                              X