X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• per forum, per usergroup permissions failing

Hi,

I have added a new sub forum, and set it active: NO
    This so it won't show up on the list of forums, but still makes it accessable to users.

Now I want users to access it through a link, and then only have the ability to start a new thread, and reply to that thread. The threads or posts from others .. they shouldn't see them.

So I went to forum permissions and set it to custom usergroup and clicked on Can View Others' Threads : NO. And Can Reply to Others' Threads : NO.

I made a thread as administrator and viewed the forum as registered user, I could see the thread made the admin and I could enter the thread and reply to it.

In the vB options I have access masks turned on.

Either I am forgetting something?
    Or it doesn't work.

Please advice

check out this thread for info on usergroup permissions getting saved.

Comment

Thank you.

Everytime I have an issue I go through all the vb3 forums and use the search function. I just can't find it. Either the topics aren't clear enough or I just can't seem to find it. There is a bug resolved forum, a fixes forum and a private beta fixed forum, and there are also ongoing discussions in the normal reporting forums.. its a mess to go through and each issue I post, seems to be resolved somewhere. Just sorry to double post, but .. please give it a better structure for us to search through ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X