Additional User Groups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional User Groups?

I think this has been asked before but say the primary group of a user give them access to a special forum, but they then become part of an additional group which doesn't give them access to that particular forum.

Do they still get access?

I've thought of an idea for something which would be really cool is if you could create groups which are specifically only going to be used as an additional group and it can't be used as a primary group

That way you could select *inhert from primary group* for all but a few options? vB4 idea?

The 'Yes' permission takes precedence for all but the Banned user groups.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve. What about things like PM limits, etc or do they not apply?
      The one other thing was username formatting. If someone is part of say 1 primary group and 2 additional ones and each group has it's own type of formating is it only the primary group formatting that applies?

Comment

That I don't know. It's easy enough to set up a test user and check it out.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          That I don't know. It's easy enough to set up a test user and check it out.
          Have done I had to re-install after having a clear out of things i just forgot to take a backup of a few things

The username formatting didn't have any affect in additional groups but PM limits did.

Just incase anyone else would like to know

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X