Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i fix this myself?

http://sexualforums.com/talk/index.php

It has been like this atleast 5-6 hours and my host is away. The error is too many connections
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

The server has maxed out the number of MySQL connections it allows. You can try turning persistent connections off in your config.php:

PHP Code:
    // ****** PERSISTENT CONNECTIONS ******
    // This option allows you to turn persistent connections to MySQL on or off.
    // The difference in performance is negligible for all but the largest boards.
    // If you are unsure what this should be, leave it off.
    // 0 = Off; 1 = On
    $usepconnect 0
    Here is more info on that error:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/T/o/Too_many_connections.html
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It is off, i think MySQL died on the server side, i'm guessing no way to fix this mysql? It is happening on my ads program to, all MySQL.

Maybe i should of posted it in the MySQL forum instead of here, since it is NOT a vBulletin problem

Comment

Then this is a server issue. Unless this is a dedicated server and you can restart MySQL, then only your host can resolve this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks, didn't think so. He's away on vaction, so guess my site died.

Comment

In the future you should find a more reliable web host. It's irresponsible for a server to be unattended like yours is.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

or at the very least to not have automated scripts there to kill and re-start MySQL if it pukes.

Comment

Still you should have a responsible host that finds cover while he's on holiday. It shows that hosting is now done by a single person and in alot of cases this wont work.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X