• Show
Clear All

• Permissions for forums which have no parent

Okay, tidied up my post a bit.

I created a new forum by doing the following
    1. Add New forum
    2. Only Filled in the Title and descript
    3. Saved the Forum
    The Forum is displayed last on the forum home page and has no forum parent. I changed the Forum Permissions by...
    1. View Forum permissions
    2. Click [edit] beside registered users group
    3. Set all their permissions to 'No'
    4. Saved the Permissions
    Here's the problem. I added a new user who was assigned the group of 'Registered Users' but the test username could still see the forum even with all the permissions set to 'No'

When i added another forum after that one, the forum permissions then seemed to kick in the forum they shouldn't have been able to see (ie it then disappeared) but the newly added forum then started getting problems with permissions not making a difference either.

When i moved the forums into a category all the problems i was having with permissions disappeared. When i moved the forum back out of the category, they came back again.

It only seems to affect the last displayed forum and i really don't know why.

I know it sounds like a weird problem but i've duplicated it a few times. Also, if you instead set the permissions using something like the quick permissions editor you don't get the described problem.

Also, two additional problems that i've attached screenshots of:
    1) Color Key - which is?
    2) I couldn't select a group to copy permissions from
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Babylon; Wed 18 Jun '03, 1:10pm.

Also, to go with the main problem i'm describing here (i was never very good at descriptions ) i've uploaded some images which make it clearer to see the problem

Also, i have access masks on, this is NOT the problem

Images 1 to 7 show the problem, and images 8 and 9 show that it only seems to be a problem for forums without a parent because when i change it to be part of a catergory it then starts working.

(other images in next reply)
    Attached Files

Comment

Imaged 7 , 8 and 9
      Attached Files

Comment

Go to the usergroup manager, edit the registered group, don't change anything, click save. And with any luck the permissions are now properly set.......

If you set forum permissions for a group those permissions are not set until you subsequently save the usergroup settings again.
        Bug: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=74633

Comment

Ah, thanks dude, that helps
          I missed that bug report

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X