Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which template should i put meta tags in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by josh929
    actually i found it in the main options...does this method work just as well as hardcoding, as far as search engines are concerned?
    This has no effect on what the spiders see as they see the same thing any browser would see.

Leave a comment:

• merk
    replied
    Originally posted by Mac Write
    Suggestion:

it would be cool to have the descriptions and keywords generated from the post, that way it will help get people doing a google or something find forum postings with the info they are after.
    I have read from a few sources that google does not use the keywords meta tag. googles algorithms use the entire page to index it?

Leave a comment:

• josh929
    replied
    Originally posted by Mac Write
    Suggestion:

it would be cool to have the descriptions and keywords generated from the post, that way it will help get people doing a google or something find forum postings with the info they are after.
    i'm no developer, but it seems this would be very difficult to do, and a large task.

also, people might want their meta tags to remain constant (meaning the developers would want to make it an option).

Leave a comment:

• Mac Write
    replied
    Suggestion:

Leave a comment:

• josh929
    replied
    actually i found it in the main options...does this method work just as well as hardcoding, as far as search engines are concerned?

Leave a comment:

• josh929
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    Headinclude like always.
    i noticed this was already there:
    <meta name="keywords" content="$vboptions[keywords]" />
    <meta name="description" content="$vboptions[description]" />

does this mean there's a place/option built-in to vb where i'm supposed to insert keywords and description?

Leave a comment:

• josh929
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    Headinclude like always.
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Headinclude like always.

Leave a comment:

• josh929
    started a topic which template should i put meta tags in?

which template should i put meta tags in?

which template should i put meta tags in (like for keywords and description)?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X