Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which template should i put meta tags in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which template should i put meta tags in?

which template should i put meta tags in (like for keywords and description)?

Headinclude like always.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Headinclude like always.
      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        Headinclude like always.
        i noticed this was already there:
        <meta name="keywords" content="$vboptions[keywords]" />
        <meta name="description" content="$vboptions[description]" />

does this mean there's a place/option built-in to vb where i'm supposed to insert keywords and description?

Comment

actually i found it in the main options...does this method work just as well as hardcoding, as far as search engines are concerned?

Comment

Suggestion:

it would be cool to have the descriptions and keywords generated from the post, that way it will help get people doing a google or something find forum postings with the info they are after.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Write
              Suggestion:

it would be cool to have the descriptions and keywords generated from the post, that way it will help get people doing a google or something find forum postings with the info they are after.
              i'm no developer, but it seems this would be very difficult to do, and a large task.

also, people might want their meta tags to remain constant (meaning the developers would want to make it an option).

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Write
                Suggestion:

I have read from a few sources that google does not use the keywords meta tag. googles algorithms use the entire page to index it?

Comment

Originally posted by josh929
                  actually i found it in the main options...does this method work just as well as hardcoding, as far as search engines are concerned?
                  This has no effect on what the spiders see as they see the same thing any browser would see.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X