Vbulletin 3 and hacks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin 3 and hacks....

I have a quick question before i start writing any hacks for 3.0.

Say I write and implement a few hacks into my 3.0.0 beta 3......when the final version comes out, what will the affect be on those hacks i put into 3.0 beta....will they go away?????If so then i should wait until the final release is out before implementing any hacks right??

Peace

Originally posted by nymyth1
    I have a quick question before i start writing any hacks for 3.0.

Say I write and implement a few hacks into my 3.0.0 beta 3......when the final version comes out, what will the affect be on those hacks i put into 3.0 beta....will they go away?????If so then i should wait until the final release is out before implementing any hacks right??

Peace
    Don't hack the beta.

For a start off the templates will be changing.

Comment

I would strongly advise against hacking the beta because there will be major code changes in the upcoming betas and releases.

Comment

By the time you get anything written, vB3.0.0 beta 4 will be here. Also realize that you can do a lot of stuff with template conditionals.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
          By the time you get anything written, vB3.0.0 beta 4 will be here. Also realize that you can do a lot of stuff with template conditionals.
          Now that would depend on how slow of a code writer you are.

Comment

Originally posted by okrogius
            Now that would depend on how slow of a code writer you are.
            Can anyone currently licensed to use vB download the Beta, or has it been distributed to only select individuals (sorry, I haven't been keeping up)? When will it be out of beta and released?
            Last edited by scottiemac; Thu 19 Jun '03, 5:16am.

Comment

Originally posted by scottiemac
              Can anyone currently licensed to use vB download the Beta, or has it been distributed to only select individuals (sorry, I haven't been keeping up)? When will it be out of beta and released?
              It is available to anyone with an active license (and all licenses have been extended for 3 months, I believe), and it will be out of beta when the developers are confident that there are no more bugs remaining. That may be upon releasing Beta 4, or it may take a couple more betas. Nobody knows for sure at this point, which is why the developers are staying quiet about any specific release dates.

Personally, I've already written a couple hacks for vB3, but they are really more on a "need-it-or-else" basis. One is the shoutbox, without which my members would probably die from the withdrawal and the other is usergroups as moderators, which I mostly wrote to be able to take advantage of a subscription I added to make someone a mod of one of my forums for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by fury
                It is available to anyone with an active license (and all licenses have been extended for 3 months, I believe), and it will be out of beta when the developers are confident that there are no more bugs remaining. That may be upon releasing Beta 4, or it may take a couple more betas. Nobody knows for sure at this point, which is why the developers are staying quiet about any specific release dates.

Personally, I've already written a couple hacks for vB3, but they are really more on a "need-it-or-else" basis. One is the shoutbox, without which my members would probably die from the withdrawal and the other is usergroups as moderators, which I mostly wrote to be able to take advantage of a subscription I added to make someone a mod of one of my forums for a week.
                Would you be willing to share the shoutbox hack? I had posted on vb.or asking someone to do this hack but noone replied.
                http://www.icecreamforum.com

Comment

vb.org is not supporting hacks for vB3 until it reaches a release canidate stage. So looking for vB3 hacks their would not work. If you desperatly need a hack, contact some 'hackers' and see if you can not purchase a temp solution from them.
                  Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

I'll share it for the right price

Comment

I'll share it for the right price
                      No thanks. That kack isn't big enough to pay for, I can wait.

Comment

Even for only a buck?

When I'm finished with it, it'll have all sorts of goodies like shout editing (almost done with this already, in fact), a nice shout statistics page, maybe admin pruning options in the control panel, etc. Since there's no place to officially release it right now though, I'm hesitant about giving it away since whoever I give it to may be unlicensed.

Comment

Even for only a buck?

When I'm finished with it, it'll have all sorts of goodies like shout editing (almost done with this already, in fact), a nice shout statistics page, maybe admin pruning options in the control panel, etc. Since there's no place to officially release it right now though, I'm hesitant about giving it away since whoever I give it to may be unlicensed.
                          LOL sure I would buy it for a buck. I have paypal. Well I am licensed, all my posts on the board prove so.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X