Valid Extenstions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valid Extenstions

Where can I edit the valid extension. I checked in options under Posting Attachments and there was no field there.

I found the spot, and it has like 10 extensions listed already. However when I check the post new thread/reply it says "Valid Extensions: " and there is nothing there.

Comment

Is this a new install?

Edit one of the extensions (don't change anything unless you want to) and then save it.

Comment

Yes it is a fresh install and yep that worked

Now, can you explain to me how I move my storate type from Database to File System? Everytime I try to it says it couldn't write it.

The directory I want to store my attachments is in public_html/attachments (yeah, my forum is in the public_html directory)

Comment

You need to chmod that directory to 777. Your ftp client should have that option, or you can do it via SSH if you have that ability. I suggest you move the attachment dir above your public_html directory if you can.

Comment

It is chmod 777. I just don't know what path I should put in the field that asks for it.

Comment

Originally posted by GaleForce
              It is chmod 777. I just don't know what path I should put in the field that asks for it.
              You can put the entire path or just 'attachments' should work.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I did all of this and it still says it can't write that file. I tried the full path and just attachments. Nothing. Any ideas? Still wont let me change to attachments on server.
                  The Enforcerman!

Comment

Is attachments chmod'd to 777? AFAIK this should work. What about the full path? Are you sure you used the exact path to this directory on the server?
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                      Is attachments chmod'd to 777? AFAIK this should work. What about the full path? Are you sure you used the exact path to this directory on the server?
                      Well here is the funny thing. It says it can't write to it, but it creates a folder called test.
                      The Enforcerman!

Comment

You got me confused. What are you doing in which a 'test' folder is created?
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It must not have permission to delete than.

Comment

Originally posted by freddie
                            It must not have permission to delete than.
                            I have the folder set to 777. When i put in the path and click GO it says:
                            We attempted to write a test file to attachments, but we were unsucessful. Please verify that the web server has write/delete permissions for this path.
                            However, it creates a folder in attachments called "test"

If it can't delete how do i address that?
                            The Enforcerman!

Comment

Find this function in admincp/attachment.php and remove all the @ symbols. Save it and then try again. Post the error message that you receive
                              Code:
                              // ###################### Start checkpath #######################
                              function verify_upload_folder($attachpath)
                              {
                              global $vbphrase;
                              if ($attachpath == '')
                              {
                              print_stop_message('please_complete_required_fields');
                              }
                              if (!is_dir($attachpath . '/test'))
                              {
                              if (![email="@mkdir($attachpath"][email protected]($attachpath[/email] . '/test', 0777))
                              {
                              print_stop_message('test_file_write_failed', $attachpath);
                              }
                              }
                              @chmod($vboptions['attachpath'] . '/test', 0777);
                              if ($fp = @fopen($attachpath . '/test/test.attach', 'wb'))
                              {
                              fclose($fp);
                              if (![email="@unlink($attachpath"][email protected]($attachpath[/email] . '/test/test.attach'))
                              {
                              }
                              @rmdir($attachpath . '/test');
                              }
                              else
                              {
                              }
                              }
                              Last edited by Freddie Bingham; Mon 16 Jun '03, 12:57pm.

Comment

Working...
                              X