Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Members cant add avatars? wheres the settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members cant add avatars? wheres the settings?

before you say the AVATARS section on the left hand side, dont bother its not in there. My members cant add their own avatars, where's the damn settings for it?

Originally posted by Shuriken-UK
    before you say the AVATARS section on the left hand side, dont bother its not in there. My members cant add their own avatars, where's the damn settings for it?
    I believe it's in with the user group settings. I know the dimensions are and I think there's an on/off toggle right above it.
    HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
    Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
    iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
    VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Shuriken-UK
      Assuming you have Avatars enabled in the adminCP the user should be able to use custom avatars in the userCP -> Avatars

Comment

Originally posted by Michael2
        I believe it's in with the user group settings. I know the dimensions are and I think there's an on/off toggle right above it.
        Check in the admincp, under vBulletin options - there's a section for 'User Picture Options'. Make sure that the 'Avatars Enabled' option is checked.

Then, in the User CP (on the public board), click on the Avatars link - there's an option that allows the user to choose a custom avatar by either linking to one, or uploading it. If the 'do not use an avatar' radio button is checked, they won't see an avatar.

Comment

"Then, in the User CP (on the public board), click on the Avatars link - there's an option that allows the user to choose a custom avatar by either linking to one, or uploading it."

^ im no n00b to vB and enable avatar is checked

Comment

And you set the usergroup up with permissions to use Avatars?
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

something to note, after upgrading to v3, all usergroups avatar settings had changed and had to be re-set to allow them to be added again

Comment

Originally posted by Scutter
                something to note, after upgrading to v3, all usergroups avatar settings had changed and had to be re-set to allow them to be added again
                somthing else to look at is that there is indeed a directory called avatars. Mine was missing and would not allow users to upload. another thing you may want to check is in the usergroup permissions that the users have permission to use avatars. thanks
                Please visit us

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X