Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions

Okay I have a few questions here.

1. How do I disable the automatic parsing of urls?

2. I have a member that is trying to use a remote ID generated image from statgrafix or something like that in his sig. It won't show up even with the tags it shows up as a url. The thing is kinda like those people that have the images in their sigs that show what they are listening to in Winamp. Except this shows his Tiny Keycounter stats.

1. Hmm.. trying to find out.

2. Try turning on 'Allow Dynamic URL for [IMG] Tags' under 'Message Posting and Editing Options'.

Comment

Okay thanks that fixed question number 2.

Now all I need is to figure out how to do question 1.
      Last edited by ernestdefoe; Sun 15 Jun '03, 4:38pm.

Comment

Anyone know how to fix question number 1?

Comment

You can't disable the automatic parsing or urls when using the WYSIWYG editor.

Comment

Okay......that doesn't mean much to me as far as WYSIWYG goes. Can you please break it down Barney level for me. Pretend I am in preeschool. I don't know how to do alot of things in vB cause it is by far more advanced than other bulletin boards.

Comment

I really need to get the automatic parsing of url's disabled. Surely someone has figured out how to do this. I don't like clickable links on my board, and my members keep forgetting to uncheck the box. Could someone please help me.

Comment

1) You have to disable the WYSIWYG Editor... Go into the ACP and click on vBulletin Options. Then double-click on Message Posting Interface Options. Make sure only the standard toolbar is available.

2) Edit the newthread template and remove the checkmark for the automatically parse urls checkbox there.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks. Got that done. Worked like a charm. Thanks again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X