No announcement yet.

Cache problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is over a year old almost, if your having problems please open your own thread with relevant details.

Comment

Oh and changing the timezone offset in the admincp makes no difference to the Last-Modified dates they are still 3 hrs in the future ..

Comment

Please as i said start a new thread with your problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidewindr
          Could the caching issue be a result of the GMT times in the Last-Modified being 3hrs in the future??
          YES! I just moved to a new server, where the server time zone changed from the PST on the old server to the MST zone on the new server... and the forums admincp panel still had the boards set to PST zone... This caused pages cached on people's browsers to be treated as one hour newer than the current most ones coming from the server, and so the cached versions were used on the forum home page (even though no-cache headers were being sent).

Simple problem and fix, but was quite the headache!

Thanks, Sidewindr, for raising this question! It led to the solution in my case :-) No more fricken Ctrl+F5's needed! Whew ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
            Please as i said start a new thread with your problems.
            No offense intended, but I'm DAMN GLAD he did post in this old thread, because the subject is still valid even for vb3.0.1 and if he hadn't I never woulda come across this solution!

:-)

So I'm a happy camper now

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X