Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant Upgrade

I'm not a vb newbit.
    But when I upgrade my board from 2.3.0 to vb3 beta3 it's sucker.
    All my other script in my sever can run include intall/install.php, but the upgrade.php can't run, It always dispalys a "can't find this DNS" error. I can't upgrade.
    I upgrade from vb 1.1.5 to 2.3.0 by per version and had no problem. But 3.0......

my sever info:
    FreeBSD 4.6.2
    PHP Version 4.2.2
    Apache/1.3.26
    mysql:3.23.39

please help!

Make sure you are using the correct URL and that the files have been uploaded to the correct directories.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Make sure you are using the correct URL and that the files have been uploaded to the correct directories.
      all are correct.
      I have tried two nights.

Comment

The error 'can't find this DNS' has nothing to do with vB. Either this is a server issue or a file permissions issue. Try contacting your host about this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The error 'can't find this DNS' has nothing to do with vB. Either this is a server issue or a file permissions issue. Try contacting your host about this.
          but every script else run well in this folder and other folders.
          Only upgrade.php can't run, I re-installed my IE even.

Comment

Sorry I don't know why this is happening other than what I've posted. If the permissions are correct then this sounds like a servier issue.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sorry I don't know why this is happening other than what I've posted. If the permissions are correct then this sounds like a servier issue.
              thanks.
              I'll upgrade my Apache/1.3.26 to apache 2 and return here to report.

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem.

Every other script is running except upgrade.php .. very strange :-/

it says Cannot find server

The page cannot be displayed.

Comment

I have looked into this problem for 4 months.
                  but no way to upgrade........
                  I do a new install on my sever and can't continue in the last step.

it says Cannot find server

The page cannot be displayed.

PS:
                  I ran the conflict detection script and nothing conflicted.
                  My vb2 works well all times on my sever.

My sever info:
                  FreeBSD 4.6.2
                  PHP Version 4.2.2
                  Apache/1.3.26
                  mysql:3.23.39

Please help......Please.....
                  Last edited by sunnyxp; Thu 30 Oct '03, 5:55am.

Comment

What says 'Cannot find server'? What exactly are you doing when you get this?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

What says 'Cannot find server'? What exactly are you doing when you get this?
                      Please see my first post.

Comment

Sorry but this is still a server issue. I wish I knew a way to fix this but it's in the hands of your host.

Just out of curiousity, can you install a 2.3.2 test forum to see if that works?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sorry but this is still a server issue. I wish I knew a way to fix this but it's in the hands of your host.

Just out of curiousity, can you install a 2.3.2 test forum to see if that works?
                          My vb2 forum has run on my sever for 2 years and no problem.

Comment

Upload the files from vBulletin 3 Beta 7 and see if you still get the same error. The path should be:

www.yourdomain.com/forumpath/install/upgrade.php

You also have to make sure that some other program or directive is not rerouting the install folder requests elsewhere.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Wayne Luke and Steve Machol :
                              Plese help me.
                              I'm not a newbie in php and vb.
                              I have looked into this problem for 4 months with my host. But no way!

The path is correct and everything is ok, but I can't upgrade from vb2 to vb3 or make a fresh install.

I try it from beta4 to beta7 and nothing changed.

M other script in this path and sever works well.

Please help.

Comment