Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange stuff at the bottom of online.php....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange stuff at the bottom of online.php....

While I was doing the annoying task of cleaning up the mess in all the scripts because for some reason the scripts in the vbulletin zip files are all looking like they were uploaded individually in binary mode instead of ASCII, I ran across at the very bottom of online.php this:
    Code:
    ?>
    Code:
    ==========================*/
    ?>>>>>>>> 1.53

and I was wondering if that is supposed to be like that. I have never seen anything after the last php closer like that.

If someone could enlighten me on what that is I would greatly appreciate it.

Also...if someone could please figure out why the beta3 zip is full of unreadable scripts looking like they were uploaded in binary mode. It is really a mess and requires a lot of work to get them back to normal.

thank you
    Last edited by Flack Jacket; Sat 14 Jun '03, 10:41pm.

Caused by a conflict in CVS... moving to bugs.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

I don't see any conflicts in online.php

Comment

Originally posted by freddie
        I don't see any conflicts in online.php
        Well that's the format CVS uses to indicate conflicts...
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Yes I know that and as I said, I don't see it in online.php.

Comment

would you like me to send you my online.php before and after I cleaned up the code?

Comment

No, I would try downloading the package again and seeing if you still have these issues. Check the files before you FTP them up to your site.

Comment

i'm sorry....I made a mistake....it was memberlist.php and I tried what you said several different ways and it always comes that way

Comment

The phrase 1.53 doesn't exist in any of the files currently.

Comment

I am not imagining this....every time I download the package....memberlist.php has what I posted above at the end of the file

are you saying just delete that junk and move on?

Comment

Yup, I see the same thing: (sans the spaces)
                      PHP Code:
                      /*======================================================================*\
                      || ####################################################################
                      || # Downloaded: 13:26, Fri Jun 13th 2003
                      || # CVS: $RCSfile: memberlist.php,v $ - $Revision: 1.100 $
                      || ####################################################################
                      \*======================================================================*/
                      ?>==========================*/
                      ?>>>>>>>> 1.53 
                      drives_fast: Just delete everything after the first ?> there, upload back to your server and drive safe...
                      Chen Avinadav

Comment

I see it too
                        Attached Files

Comment

okay...I was worried there for a minute that I was the only one.

how about the scripts being all messed up like they were uploaded individually in binary mode rather than ASCII?
                          from the very beginning....every package I have downloaded was like that and I never mentioned it because there weren't that many scripts to clean-up but now that there are a sh**-load of scripts....it is a pain and it takes quite some time to make them readable.

Comment

Same thing here is the memberlist.php:

/*======================================================================*\
                            || ####################################################################
                            || # Downloaded: 02:14, Sat Jun 14th 2003
                            || # CVS: $RCSfile: memberlist.php,v $ - $Revision: 1.100 $
                            || ####################################################################
                            \*======================================================================*/
                            ?>==========================*/
                            ?>>>>>>>> 1.53
                            vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

Perhaps the point was missed that if I don't see it in any files currently than someone fixed it already.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X