New Threads/New posts since last visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Threads/New posts since last visit

I thought I heard somewhere that VB3 would incorporate this feature where it actually said the amount of new threads/posts based on permissions into VB3. Was I wrong about this?

Originally posted by Roody
    I thought I heard somewhere that VB3 would incorporate this feature where it actually said the amount of new threads/posts based on permissions into VB3. Was I wrong about this?
    bump

Comment

You were wrong about it... This feature kills large boards quite quickly.

Also please don't bump your threads so soon. We will get to it as soon as possible. If we haven't gotten to it in 48 hours then you can bump it.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        You were wrong about it... This feature kills large boards quite quickly.

Also please don't bump your threads so soon. We will get to it as soon as possible. If we haven't gotten to it in 48 hours then you can bump it.
        Is there at least a way to enable the "New Posts" link that VB2 has?

Comment

It's the second button in the upper right hand corner:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            It's the second button in the upper right hand corner:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew
            eek they won't have a better option for that then an arrow? will there be anyway to add "View New Posts" as an option where it actually says it?

Comment

Yes, it will have more a more descriptive link when the new style is released.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

the arrow will be replaced when the new style is created. These are temporary buttons at the moment. You can change them from images by editing the navbar template.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                  the arrow will be replaced when the new style is created. These are temporary buttons at the moment. You can change them from images by editing the navbar template.
                  Ok thats cool. My apologies if my last remark came out wrong. When I just looked at it I realized it kinda sounded bad.

Comment

Working...
                  X