Building Search IndexPosts Queried
    Processing: 520... Done
    Processing: 521... Done
    Processing: 522... Done
    Processing: 523... Done
    Processing: 524... Done
    Processing: 525... Querying first post of thread...Done
    Processing: 526... Querying first post of thread...Done
    Processing: 527... Querying first post of thread...
    ... and here it hangs forever. I also tried to empty the index but same problem.

Any hints on how I can find the cause of this problem?

did you clear the index first??

**oops i see you already tried that,, i would try clearing it again and possible running***

from SSH
    mysqladmin -u root -p flush-tables

then

mysqlcheck -o -u username -p vbdatabasename

vbdatabase name is the vbulletin full database name with prefix.

then clear the index and retry
    Joe Gronlund
    Last edited by Joe Gronlund; Sat 14 Jun '03, 9:33am.
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

I have this problem too. (ugrade from 2.3.0 on my test site)

I tried it several times and it always suddenly stops

I cleared Index and Word tables then ran update counters - re-index
      stops everytime after about an hour of indexing
      Attached Files
      Last edited by UKSTU; Sat 14 Jun '03, 11:02am.

Comment

Originally posted by Asendin
        did you clear the index first??

**oops i see you already tried that,, i would try clearing it again and possible running***

from SSH
        mysqladmin -u root -p flush-tables

then

mysqlcheck -o -u username -p vbdatabasename

vbdatabase name is the vbulletin full database name with prefix.

then clear the index and retry
        Thanks for the prompt answer. Will do that once I am at home. Btw, I looked at your forum and noticed that you already started to convert the Ravio skin. Nice.

Greets
        Alex

Comment

Didn't work for me. I can clear the index without problem. But when I reindex, it hangs at postid 527.

Next, I tried to view this particular post (showthread.php?postid=527). What happens is it gives me an error message (server not found). Not only for postid 527, but from postid 527 to 557 (all the posts from the one thread that was started by postid 527) I cannot view the postings.

So I looked at the database, table post. If you can, please have a look at entry 527 and tell me what you think is wrong.

INSERT INTO post VALUES (526,169,'Alexander',3,'',1041070641,'http://avantgo.accountancyage.com/\n\nEnglish\nLink-Depth: 2\n\n\"The premier online information source for business and finance professionals.\"',1,1,'80.128.182.126',10,1,0,0);
          INSERT INTO post VALUES (527,170,'Alexander',3,'',1041101468,'http://www.turcic.com/avantgo/comics.shtml\n\nLink-Depth: 0\n\nI have put up a nice comic script that rotates the latest comics every 24hrs. You can choose what comics you want from the following list; and I will include it in comics.shtml for the next update!\n\n8-Bit Theater \n9 to 5 \nAchewood \nAcid Reflux \[email protected] \nAdventurers! \nAgnes \nAlice! \nAlley Oop \nAndy Capp \nAngst Technology \nAnimal Crackers \nAnnie \nAstronomy Picture of the Day \nAstronomy Picture of the Day (big image) \nArlo & Janis \nChuck Asay Cartoon \nAs If \nAsk Shagg \nAvalon High \nBaby Blues \nBaldo \nBallard Street \nBC \nBeetle Bailey \nBetty \nBetween Friends \nBig Nate \nBig Ones \nBill Day \nBill Schorr \nBizarro \nBlondie \nBluffy the Vampedup Stunner \nBoy on a Stick and Slither \nBobbins \nThe Boondocks \nThe Born Loser \nBottom Liners \nBound and Gagged \nBrainbuzz \nBrenda Starr \nBroom Hilda \nThe Bruno Daily Times \nBruno the Bandit \nBob, The Angry Flower \nThe Buckets \nBull$ \'N\' Bear$ \nCalvin and Hobbes \nCaptain RibMan \nCathy \nCats with Hands \nCharlie \nCheap Thrills \n9 Chickweed Lane \nClan of the cats \nThe Class Menagerie \nClay Bennett \nClose to Home \nCommitted \nCompu-toon \nPaul Conrad \nCool Cat Studio \nCornered \nCrankshaft \nCollege Roomies from Hell \nCrock \nCurtis \nCuteWendy \nJeff Danziger \nMatt Davies \nDennis the Menace \nThe Devil\'s Panties \nDick Tracy \nDiesel Sweeties \nDilbert \nDoonesbury \nDork Tower \nDown To Earth \nDrabble \nDrawing a Crowd \nDrew Litton \nDoctor Fun \nDeath to the Extremist \nEd Stein \nElf Life \nElf Life: R Rated \nEtta Hulme \nExploitation Now \nFans! \nFarley \nOn The Fast Track \nFat Cats \nFat Jesus \nFerd\'nand \nFLEM! \nFlight Deck \nFor Better or For Worse \nFor Heaven\'s Sake \nFraud of the Rings \nFoxTrot \nFrank & Ernest \nFrazz \nFreckles and His Friends \nFred Basset \nFreefall \nFunky Winkerbean \nFunny Farm \nFuzzy Logic \nGarfield \nGasoline Alley \nGeech \nGet Fuzzy \nGil Thorp \nGinger Meggs \nRandy Glasbergen \nGoats \nGeneral Protection Fault \nGraffiti \nGrand Avenue \nLiving in Greytown \nMother Goose and Grimm \nThe Grizzwells \nHagar the Horrible \nWalt Handelsman \nHarm Bengen\'s Alltagsskizzen \nHeart of the City \nHeathcliff \nOver the Hedge \nHelen, Sweetheart of the Internet \nHenry Payne \nHerb and Jamaal \nHerman \nDavid Horsey \nHound\'s Home \nI Need Help \nInnies and Outies \nIn the Bleachers \nJack \nJackie\'s Fridge \nJames \nJane\'s World \nJeff Stahler \nJerkcity \nJerry Holbert \nJim Berry \nJoe Average \nThe Joke\'s on You \nTaylor Jones \nThe Joy of Tech \nJump Start \nKevin and Kell \nKit \'N\' Carlyle \nKudzu \nBob Lang Cartoon \nLowest Common Denominator \nUnder The Lemon Tree \nLewis \nLife\'s So Rad \nLi\'l Abner \nLittle Gamers \nDick Locher \nLola \nLoose Parts \nLove Is... \nChan Lowe \nLuann \nMac Hall \nMallard Fillmore \nDoug Marlette \nMarmaduke \nMarvin \nMeatloaf Night \nMeehan Streak \nMeg! \nMegaTokyo \nMelonpool \nThe Middletons \nMike Smith \nMister Boffo \nMixed Media \nMomma \nMonkeyhouse \nMonty \nMostly Business \nMotley \nMr. Chuck Show \nMr. Potato Head \nMs. Peach \nMutts \nNancy \nNatural Selection \nNekobox \nNew Breed \nNip \'N Tuck \nNon Sequitur \nPaul Nowak Cartoon \nNukees \nOddly Enough \nOff the Mark \nOne Big Happy \nThe Other Coast \nOverboard \nOzy and Millie \nPC and Pixel \nPeanuts \nPearls Before Swine \nPenny Arcade \nPentasmal \nPerscheids Abgruende \nMike Peters \nPathetic Geek Stories \nPibgorn \nPickles \nPiranha Club \nParking Lot is Full \nPluggers \nPopeye \nPotluck Parish \nPlayer vs. Player \nThe Quiqmans \nQuirit - alltaegliches auf den Punkt gebr\nRaising Duncan \nRandolph Itch 2 a.m. \nReality Check \nReal Life \nReal Life Adventures \nRed and Rover \nRedmeat \nReynolds Unwrapped \nRhymes with Orange \nRipley\'s Believe It or Not! \nRobert Ariail \nRob Rogers \nRose Is Rose \nRPG World \nRubes \nRudy Park \nReverend Fun \nSteve Sack \nSafe Havens \nSally Forth \nSchlock Mercenary \nThe Sev Files \nSevgate SEV1 \nSev Sci-Fi TV \nSev Trek \nSev Wars \nSevylon 5 \nSex and Violence \nSexy Losers \nSheldon \nBarry Shelton Cartoon \nDrew Sheneman \nSherman\'s Lagoon \nShirley And Son \nShoe \nSinfest \nSix Chix \nSlow Wave \nSluggy Freelance \nSomething Positive \nSoup To Nutz \nSpaz Labs \nSpeed Bump \nSpider Man \nSpooner \nSquinkers \nWayne Stayskal \nSteve Benson \nStockcarToons \nStone Soup \nStrange Brew \nStrip Tease Comic \nSuburban Jungle \nSuperosity \nSwamp \nSylvia \nTank McNamara \nTarzan \nAnn Telnaes \nThat\'s Jake \nThat\'s Life \nThe Big Picture \nThe Duplex \nThe 5th Wave \nThe Fusco Brothers \nThe Norm \nThe Phantom \nThe Shadows \nThe WeedPatch \nTom the Dancing Bug \nTop of the World! \nTouche \nKevin Tuma Cartoon \nUbersoft-1 \nUbersoft-2 \nUbersoft-3 \nUbersoft-4 \nUnder Power \nUnicorn Jelly \nUser Friendly \nThe US of Play \nIt\'s Walky \nWarped \nDan Wasserman \nWeak-end Warriors \nWeyershausen - Wunderbare Welt \nWhen I Grow Up \nWilly \'n\' Ethel \nWinter \nWizard of Id \nWorking Daze \nDon Wright \nDick Wright \nYou Damn Kid \nZapiro \nZiggy \nZippy the Pinhead (in color) \nZippy the Pinhead \nZits \n\nJust reply what you want to have added.\n\n ',1,1,'80.128.182.126',0,1,0,0);
          INSERT INTO post VALUES (528,170,'sUnShInE',67,'',1041260132,'You are too good to us Alexander. Thanks for all your hard work. Off to read Doonesbury....\n\n ',1,1,'65.179.80.111',0,1,527,0);

Since this is just a testboard, I went ahead and deleted postid 527 (the one with the strange linewrapping). After that, the search indexing worked fine.

Any idea what went wrong with postid 527 in the process of converting the 2.3.0 database to 3.0.0?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderT
            Didn't work for me. I can clear the index without problem. But when I reindex, it hangs at postid 527.
            I'm getting the same hang. I have about 50K posts and it started hanging at 19470. Found the thread and deleted it in my working database. Did a full re-install (this is on my test server - exported my database from my working forums after deleting that post, dumped my localhost databse and made a new database which i pulled in the backup from my working forums). Now the rebuild crashes at post 19595.

I rebuilt forums, threads, everything.

It takes a couple of hours to get to the point where it crashes and I can't go deleting every conflicting post. Heavens knows how many more there are - Or more importantly, what is it about these posts that is screwing things up.

Comment

It seems a few others of us are having a similar problem here.

As best we can tell, it seems to be related to particularly large (10k+ chars) posts. Not sure I've seen an "official" response to this yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by Simms
                It seems a few others of us are having a similar problem here.

As best we can tell, it seems to be related to particularly large (10k+ chars) posts. Not sure I've seen an "official" response to this yet though.
                The posts which kill indexing for me aren't necessarily short posts, nor necessarily long posts, so I doubt size is a factor. But I've been wrong before...

Comment

This happened to me the first time I reindexed. I also got a 'cannot connect to mysql' error. I started the index agaion and it went through the second time without a problem.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    This happened to me the first time I reindexed. I also got a 'cannot connect to mysql' error. I started the index agaion and it went through the second time without a problem.
                    I haven't gotten a mysql error and I have emptied the index and then tried again. I have always dumped the existing index first. But I have not *NOT* emptied the index and tried again without dukmping the existing index. I'll try that.

Comment

I'm going through my second rebuild right now (first was on a test installation, now for real), and I'm experiencing the same problems on the same postids. As I mentioned in the other thread, the *first* one it hung on turned out to be a 15k char post. But I never actually checked any of the other ones, so I can't say for certain that length is consistently the mitigating factor.

Comment

This is really annoying now.
                        I've tried this 8 times now under various conditions and it is always stopping at the same thread. It was stoping on a thread, when I deleted that thread it went a bit further then stopped again.
                        It's now stopping on this one thread all the time, and this is a thread that I dont want to delete.

Any Idea Devs ?

The first post in the thread that it is stopping at is quite large 28648 characters, it is a list of places where my members have stayed and has URL links to their profiles, like this
                        Attached Files

Comment

First off sorry for bumping this,
                          but is this a bug ?

any comments from the Dev team ?

I can give you access to my test site if it's any help!

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...532#post477532

Comment

Thanks Ed,

dont know how I missed that one... must pay more attention

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X