SUPERAdmins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUPERAdmins?

im trying to make my other admins super admins (its just a testboard...so no worries). i added the variable in config.php and uplaoded it...but they still dont have superadmin powers...cause i logged in...and they werent there...what do i have to do?

I wish to know also, im soo tired of looking at:
    'your not allowed to view this' messages.

Comment

With your primary admin account (the one you create in the installation), you have to grant administrator privileges to new administrators via a link in the user modification page (the exact text and location escape me at the moment since I'm re-indexing my database, but it's a plain text link above the users' info box as far as I know...)

Also, don't forget to add the user id #'s to the $superadministrator variable in config.php, if you haven't done so already.
      To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. -- Homer Simpson

Comment

You have to add their user id's in the config.php file, and then (this is how I had to do it) was edit the member, and then you will see a thing once it goes back to the find user area saying Don't forget to set Admin rights. Just look for it. It will be there.

Comment

I had to press the edit button to finally find this option... Really nice!
          ~ LANeros.com ~

Comment

i added them as admins via the CP...and also changed it in config.php - and nothng changed

Comment

This is a fixed bug. Edit your administrator table manually - there will be a row with userid set to 0, change the 0 to whatever the id of this new admin.

Comment

I have created another user.....added them to the administrators usergroup....I don't want them to be superadmin.....I have myself as the superadmin

I cannot find anywhere a link to setting the test users admin permissions. Can someone tell me exactly where this link is supposed to be?

Comment

Here: ../admincp/adminpermissions.php?do=edit&userid=xxxx
                  You're my Prince of Peace
                  And I will live my life for You

Comment

thank you for the link...I will save that but I was under the impression that the link was to be somewhere in the admincp

is that not so?

Comment

after using that link and editing the permissions for my test admin....I could see the "edit permissions" link in the list but when I exit out of that page...I cannot find a link anywhere

if I pull up the administrators usergroup and list all users....the link is not there....if I pull up an individual administrator....the link isn't there....what am I doing wrong?

Comment

Find the admin with the problem.. bring up his profile..
                        click update (you dont have to make changes)
                        once the page chamges, there will be the link saying "Dont forget to change admin permissions"....

Comment

The "Admin Permissions" link appears in the 'Usergroups' section. Are you not seeing it?
                          Attached Files

Comment

okay...I got it now

thank you very much.......that was said above but for somereason that info didn't register before.

thanks again

Comment

freddie...that link does not appear in my admincp....had that link been there....I would feel extremely stupid

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X