Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archive

How does one make the Archive work?

Yours is password protected, but it should work without doing anything special -- it uses the same data as the rest of the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
      Yours is password protected, but it should work without doing anything special -- it uses the same data as the rest of the forum.
      http://www.truthhurts.org/vbulletin/archive/index.php/

Mine doesn't seem to be working. Is there anything I need to do to fix this?

Comment

It requires PHP to be running as an Apache module. Yours is running as a CGI.

Comment

Oh, ok, thanks.

Comment

Could you explain this abit more,
            How do you mean it has to be run as an apache module?

You have to compile php and create an mod inorder for apache to load it.

Comment

This is what I've got:
              http://forums.aurore-france.net/index.php?&do=phpinfo

Comment

Originally posted by J-J
                Look at your Server API. It says CGI

This is what mine looks like and what yours would need to be for the Archive to work.

Server API: Apache
                vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

Is there any way to run it with a cgi? The big ISP in germany support only CGI (safety first) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildthinks
                    Is there any way to run it with a cgi? The big ISP in germany support only CGI (safety first) ?
                    Unfortunately, not that I can find.

Comment

Sorry to bumps this up, but how to I go about changer the server API from CGI/FastCGI to Apache??

It's on my own machine so I have access to everything needed!

Thank you!

Comment

Works fine for me...
                        http://www.clan-fx.com/forum/archive/index.php/

Comment

Originally posted by NightShade
                          Sorry to bumps this up, but how to I go about changer the server API from CGI/FastCGI to Apache??

It's on my own machine so I have access to everything needed!

Thank you!
                          Unix:

When you configure PHP, use the --with-apxs=/path/to/apxs option to build PHP.

Windows:

Make sure that Apache uses php4apache.dll rather than php.exe to parse PHP scripts.
                          To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. -- Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by cka
                            Windows:

Make sure that Apache uses php4apache.dll rather than php.exe to parse PHP scripts.
                            I feel way too much like a newbie but, how do I do that?

A bit more info ... I have:
                            apache 1.3.14
                            Mysql 3.23.23
                            PHP (the exe) 4.3.1.1
                            running on windows 98se

I've run a search for the php4apache.dll and do not seem to have it.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

When you download PHP for Win32 from php.net, there should be a 'php4apache.dll' file in the SAPI subfolder of wherever you install it to. Instead of setting up Apache to call php.exe to parse PHP scripts, add this line in the conf:

LoadModule php4_module x:/path/to/php/sapi/php4apache.dll*

*Be sure that X is your hard drive letter (typically C and use forward slashes. Also, make sure that you type the LoadModule line properly -- I'm not exactly sure if what I stated is correct, but it's the general idea of what you should do.

As well, be sure that php.ini and php4ts.dll are in your windows directory.
                              To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. -- Homer Simpson

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X