Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is vB-passport?

I found some files on my vb3 package /upload/server

What's that? I see some .txt files with some dev's notes... But I can't understand it...

The only interesting thing was

A few pointers for the new vB-passport system
    What's that? How does it works?
    ~ LANeros.com ~

Something that was scrapped.

Comment

Umm.. hehehe Well, it looks interesting anyway...
      ~ LANeros.com ~

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
        Something that was scrapped.

Oh man.. You guys scrapped it?

It looked so cool. And so useful for me!

Tony Rieker | Founder of PBNation.com - one of the LARGEST vBulletin forums on the net!

Comment

Definitively... Something like when you go to a new forum and you want to register, you can do it with a simple click, because your profile would be stored on vbulletin.com... Very cool idea... I'd like to see it implemented in a near future.
          ~ LANeros.com ~

Comment

I would really dislike the system if the profiles were kept on vbulletin.com

A local global user server would be more appropriate for my needs.
            Tony Rieker | Founder of PBNation.com - one of the LARGEST vBulletin forums on the net!

Comment

Originally posted by forumdude
              I would really dislike the system if the profiles were kept on vbulletin.com

A local global user server would be more appropriate for my needs.
              How could it be 'global' and 'local'?
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The profile would be copied over from the global server onto his local server? Just a guess...

And why was this scrapped?

Comment

Now that wouldn't like me at all... Anybody could have my email, preferences, and even my password...
                  ~ LANeros.com ~

Comment

Originally posted by okrogius
                    The profile would be copied over from the global server onto his local server? Just a guess...

And why was this scrapped?
                    That still begs the question of where this 'global' server would be if not at vbulletin.com.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                      That still begs the question of where this 'global' server would be if not at vbulletin.com.
                      I know I'm bumping up an old thread, but why would someone want to get the information from vBulletin.com? I would venture to say that most people don't have techie (or vB-related) forums. What it appears people want to do is build a sort of "network" of sites.

Comment

But doing this suggesting requires a master depository of login data. This depository needs to be somewhere, right?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by N!ck
                          What it appears people want to do is build a sort of "network" of sites.
                          (What it appears people want to do is build a sort of "network" of related sites.)

Comment

Sounds like a great idea to me (see ezboard's registration system if you're not familiar with it). The only problem I can see is that with so many vB users all over the world this is going to put a lot of strain on Jelsoft's servers and require a lot of DB space.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X