Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MelanieC
    replied
    I have several users that are also experiencing log out problems. I am only running one board and they are not using AOL as their ISP. So, if there is any advice, I can use it!

-Melanie

Leave a comment:

• Chris M
    replied
    I myself am not experiencing this, but one of my Administrators is...

Satan

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied
    Something is wrong with cookies. What it is, I have no idea. There is, as far as I can tell, no specification that demands that cookies with a higher path override cookies with a more specific path, but I'd be open to any RFC that would suggest otherwise.

Perhaps giving us an option to append a prefix to the cookie name would help, if this is in fact a conflict with two versions on the same domain (i.e. prefix_bbuserinfo). I've manually deleted cookies over and over again to no avail. Regardless of whether or not I visit my vb2 forum, vb3 always seems to have random logout problems, especially when using the admincp.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    Thanks freddie.

Well the cookie path is identical.

I'll have a think about this then.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
    What is the path for your vB3 forum?

if it is set to /forum and that cookie that exists was set by /

then the script will be unable to remove the cookie and the one in / will always overwrite the other as soon as the browser is closed.
    http://www.pcgamemods.com/forums/

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    Originally posted by S3rg1o
    Here's proof that it doesn't work

http://www.pcgamemods.com/images/cookies.jpg

That cookie is for 1 year, yet it will not work in 5 minutes.
    What is the path for your vB3 forum?

if it is set to /forum and that cookie that exists was set by /

then the script will be unable to remove the cookie and the one in / will always overwrite the other as soon as the browser is closed.

Leave a comment:

• Chris M
    replied
    I have 2 active forums, one vB3, one vB2 (2 licences), and I have none of these problems...

Could it be because one is a subdomain, and the other is www.darkblazes.com/forums?

Satan

Leave a comment:

• Mephisteus
    replied
    This problem exists when the domain for the cookie isn't set on 2 boards you are on. The board you won't get logged out on will always work, but any other won't (I think)

Leave a comment:

• TraceyPRO
    replied
    I was having the same problem at first. I thought that there would be a conflict with the vB2/vB3 cookies and that seemed to be true. I just cleared my cookies while the browser was closed and logged back on. Haven't had a problem since. I then added an announcement and the members followed suit. Nobody has reported a problem since.

Leave a comment:

• Me2Be
    replied
    Will there be some sort of fix for that, I can do that, it's no problem but I don't think a lot of my forum users will know/want to do that could you possibly forsee a fix for this?

-Sergio
    My users only had to do it once, so I think if you just post an FAQ in your forum on how to do that, it should help!

Leave a comment:

• Hobbes
    replied
    Will there be some sort of fix for that, I can do that, it's no problem but I don't think a lot of my forum users will know/want to do that could you possibly forsee a fix for this?

-Sergio

i'm having this same prob...bleh....i hate resetting my cookies....

*forgets password alllll the time*

Leave a comment:

• S3rg1o
    replied
    Originally posted by Me2Be
    Many of our members had this problem when we originally cut over to the beta -- they had to delete cookies and temporary files, and then hardboot and then they were okay.

-Sergio

Leave a comment:

• Me2Be
    replied
    Many of our members had this problem when we originally cut over to the beta -- they had to delete cookies and temporary files, and then hardboot and then they were okay.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I don't know what that means. Can you explain?

Leave a comment:

• S3rg1o
    replied
    ok I am using mozilla right now and I have never logged onto any forums and I was just logged out of vbulletin.com's forums and my own for no reason the path is /forum for vbulletin.com

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X