No announcement yet.

Scott - attachment as files conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure it was meant to be in the admin dir.

Comment

Does not seem to be doing anything at all. I guess I will just have to do it the hard way

Comment

Well seems like even doing mysql -uusername -p password databasename < filename.sql will work either. I am not able to use phpMyAdmin as the file is too large. Also trying to open it on my PC is not an option as it seems my PC is not able to handle opening a 260MB file.

If someone could help me with this I would be grateful

Comment

Why doesn't the 'mysql -uusuername....' option work for you? What happens exactly when you try this?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry I should have said why it does not work for me because I do not have access to it on my host. I do know my host and he is in the hospital right now and the people left there do not know me as well and are not willing to give me acccess or to attempt to restore it for me.

I do not even have to get all of the uploads back, even a portion of them like 1/2 or 3/4 would be great

Comment

I've written a C++ version to.
              A. move attachments back to database
              B. rename attachments to vB3 format

I've only tested A and its only been tested on Windows at the moment. I'll have to go downstairs and use my linux box but I doubt they'll be any major problems.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I will be eager to know how this goes, I will be happy to get some of these files back into the database in preperation to the eventual upgrade to vb3.

Comment

what operating system do you run?

i've tested it now on windows without any problems. I'll try red hat tomorrow with gcc as its the most common configuration.
                  Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I run XP and dual boot to mandrake from time to time.

I want to say thanks for this help and for your time at this

Comment

i meant the server since this application needs to run on the server to put them all back.
                      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Ok the server is linux though the actual info from uname -a I can not get at this time since I do not have access to to ssh from work.

Comment

ok i've finished vb_attachments.c, it will run on both Linux and Windows, though windows users will have to compile there own copy.

The program should be placed within the vB2 attachments directory.

it will move attachments from the vB2 files into the vB2 database so you can do that before updating to vB3.

Over the weekend I will try and find a way to simply change them from vB2 format to vB3 though this will probably require an update of upgrade1.php and possibly a program to run before upgrade and a program to run after.
                          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Well I think just a way to import the files back into the database before an upgrade wold be good. Though I am sure there will be some that will do the upgrade and then try to import the files.

Comment

I do not want to sound like I am being pushy but any chance I could give this program to put the files back in the database?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                                ok i've finished vb_attachments.c, it will run on both Linux and Windows, though windows users will have to compile there own copy.

The program should be placed within the vB2 attachments directory.

it will move attachments from the vB2 files into the vB2 database so you can do that before updating to vB3.

Over the weekend I will try and find a way to simply change them from vB2 format to vB3 though this will probably require an update of upgrade1.php and possibly a program to run before upgrade and a program to run after.
                                Did this ever materialize ? I'm in real need, of something that will move the files back to the db.

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X