Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The is the only software I noticed this problem. I have been trying to access ADCP all day whithout success. How can we control our forum. We need to fix this issue as soon as possible.
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/filed...ledataid=63608

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana
      Is there no help?
      This thread is stuck to the top of the forum, I'm sure they know it's a major issue. I think we'll just have to be patient.
      HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
      Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
      iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
      VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

Originally posted by MooMan65
        It's weird, I just went onto my Admin CP through Netscape at my school and the entire thing worked perfectly! No login problems at all! Of course Netscape didn't display the CP correctly, so I still couldn't do much...
        if Netscape works fine, then it should be cookie problem.

Did you read the first few pages of this thread, and apply all the patchs?

Did you run this fix?
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/attac...achmentid=5868
        did you clear ALL cookies?
        Did you logout of your computer, restart your computer?...

If it is posible, change to another domain, other than your current active domain.

these posts also help:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=36
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=43

I would suggest you download netscape, install into your computer, and test with netscape too.

Comment

I wouldn't get too narrow minded thinking this is a cookie problem. It appears to be a potential "include" problem.

Sometimes when I go to the main page for logging in, again my forums are private unless logged in, you login from index.php, then it fails and you end up at login.php, then it works.

I've also seen the session hash remain in the URL after logging out, so when you go to login and the session hash/id is still in the query string, there appears to be a problem.

HTH
          Neal Culiner
          President, NC Software, Inc.
          Logbook Pro Pilot Flight Logbook Software
          Visual Basic Developer Forums

Comment

Originally posted by mtha
            if Netscape works fine, then it should be cookie problem.

Did you read the first few pages of this thread, and apply all the patchs?

Did you run this fix?
            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/attac...achmentid=5868
            did you clear ALL cookies?
            Did you logout of your computer, restart your computer?...

If it is posible, change to another domain, other than your current active domain.

these posts also help:
            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=36
            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=43

I would suggest you download netscape, install into your computer, and test with netscape too.
            Yep, I've tried everything listed there.

Comment

Ditto, even spending the time to download and try Netscape, and I get the same problems on both browsers. It has to be something to do with vBulletin itself, as the Netscape version at school was V3.0 and it's was too old to do a lot of the things in the Admin CP, so maybe it was too old to execute whatever code contains the issue, unlike V7.0 which I downloaded now, and what IE always uses.

Comment

Ok, I fixed this with a clean install. I didn't have this problem with vb3 until I change the cookie settings. I accidently changed the /directory to something other than the directory name. (trying to help find the reason)

Comment

I would not focus on this being an issue logging in to just the AdminCP. This is where most of you probably go from one "clean" page to another, as you probably do your logins from your forum home. However, as I mentioned with mine, where the site is private, you are met with login page when first visiting the site, if not registered previously, and we just have a hell of a time getting in.

I rate this bug as CRITICAL and request a patch/update as soon as it's resolved as the forums are approaching unusable. I know this is a beta, and we are all patient and expect this, however, I hope this one is sufficient for a "hot fix" or a Beta 4 release.
                  Neal Culiner

Comment

I agree that this is a 100% critical problem and certainly should be fixed as soon as possible with all available energies available being used on this - it basicly makes the forum useless for thousands of users ...

Comment

My compromise helps so you can still do things on the board without getting distracted too easily, I've been still able to set up my test board correctly by doing it, but the fact that it does come up is a problem needed to be sorted out. I would assume that they are working on it, hopefully for the next beta, as this IS a sticky thread after all.

Comment

I hope you guys havn't put this on a live board yet :\

Comment

Me thinks that's why their getting impatient...

Just for all intents and purposes I've been playing with this problem abit.

Say for instance my board is setup to run the live board in the /forum directory and the vb tester in /vbtest.

I set the cookie domain to .domain.com and the path for the live board to /forum (it's true path), and the same domain for the test forum and /vbtest for it's path (again true)...then all works PERFECTLY!!!

with one hitch, I use Tigga's hack MyvBindex.php which is placed as the index page for my main domain (i.e. www.domain.com), so when the users load this page, well, they're never logged in for this page (they used to be), but when they go into the forums, then they are logged in, without going through the login

After pulling my hair out over this, I disabled cookie browsing for ALL users! thus forcing the session hash to be sent via the url, and guess what, EVERYTHING WORKS!!!!

so, it's all about the cookies...hmmm...the cookies....hmmm....the cookies....hmmmm.....I did it all for the cookies...hmmm...the cookies....hmmm...the cookies....hmmm....(sorry think big blue monster on sesame street)

Anyways, the temp workaround for the non-login is to set your paths correctly and browse the boards via the sessionhash in the url (i.e. turn off cookied browsing.)

Another fix would be to simply have your different forums subbed (i.e. the live version is on www.domain.com, while the other is on tester.domain.com) and set the cookie domains accordingly....I know these won't work for everyone, sorry, but it simply shows that the problem lies in the conflict between the vb2 cookies and the vb3 cookies.

/me steps off the soap box...
                          "An It Harm None, Do As Ye Will..."
                          --Wiccan Rede
                          words to live by...

Comment

How do you turn off cookie browsing for an entire site?
                            Neal Culiner

Comment

I have this problem, i cleared cookies and everything, i am on a test board so i don't know why it would clash with vb2.x cookies.. i tried everything but i keep getting logged out from admincp.. help please?

Comment

If this on same domain as your vB2?
                                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment