This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoveShack
    Be warned, that if you run both vb2 and vb3 on the same domain, that the cookie with the greatest scope will override the cookie with the limited scope. Therefore, if your vb2 settings have a cookiepath of "/", vb3 will try to log you in with a vb2 cookie and fail.
    Are you sure it doesn't work the other way around? That would seem more logical...

Comment

I ran the fix_login.php and I get this message, does that mean there is something wrong with my database, or what?
      ------------------------------------------------------------

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
      Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
      [I]Regards,
      Stephen Strong

Comment

View the source code of the error page and post the exact mysql error.

Comment

Hmm... nothing is working, I'm damn stumped. Can no one help? If a mod/developer PM's me, I can even provide admin CP, and phpMyAdmin access. I just want to get my board working again...

Comment

i'm just wonder why i can't use the admincp when i did a clean install no other vb on the system no cache nothing???

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
              View the source code of the error page and post the exact mysql error.
              The error is accesible at http://talk.cabletvinfo.com/talk/includes/init.php ... when I view source it doesn't give me any information. I would be more then happy to give you the admin password and username if you would like to take a look
              [I]Regards,
              Stephen Strong

Comment

Originally posted by StephenStrong
                The error is accesible at http://talk.cabletvinfo.com/talk/includes/init.php ... when I view source it doesn't give me any information. I would be more then happy to give you the admin password and username if you would like to take a look
                Is this a clean install? If so, I'd recommend reinstalling -- you seem to be missing at least the datastore table which is pretty important.

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana
                  At the risk of sounding stupid, I must ask:

How do I change cookie paths? I've never done it before because I never had the need to, so I have no idea how to change cookie paths.
                  Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Kier! I just purchased vb3 installed it and went back to the Admin panel and got the repeating loop. Ran your fix and it works great!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
                      Are you sure it doesn't work the other way around? That would seem more logical...
                      You know, I'm not sure. I believed that was what I was experiencing, but I can't find anything in the RFC that seems to suggest any sort of order: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2965

I made a pretty big mistake in my last post. I've gone back and edited it. The last slash is a no-no.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options
                        Steve.... how can I change the cookie paths in the Admin CP when I can't even access the admin cp?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
                          Is this a clean install? If so, I'd recommend reinstalling -- you seem to be missing at least the datastore table which is pretty important.
                          This is an upgrade ... I have no idea why I would be missing the datastore table, it was there when I was using vB 2.3 and I didn't delete anything.
                          [I]Regards,
                          Stephen Strong

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana
                            Steve.... how can I change the cookie paths in the Admin CP when I can't even access the admin cp?
                            Then you'll need to do this manually with phpMyAdmin:

Run this query:

SELECT * FROM template WHERE title='options'

Locate the appropriate variable in this format:

$varname = 'value';

Change the appropriate setting, then also make the same change to your setting table.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                              Then you'll need to do this manually with phpMyAdmin:

Run this query:

SELECT * FROM template WHERE title='options'

Locate the appropriate variable in this format:

$varname = 'value';

Change the appropriate setting, then also make the same change to your setting table.
                              I get an error message when I run that query:

SQL-query :

SELECT * FROM template WHERE title='options' LIMIT 0, 30

MySQL said:

Table 'ProjectGaming.template' doesn't exist

Comment

Sorry, that query was meant for vB2. Not sure what the equivalent query is for vB3.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment