Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same problem here but the login fix script worked, thanks.

Mark

Comment

• Hi guys,

having the same problems.

I run 3 VB forums, but only one has this problem, I have run the fix_login, but at present thats the only way the admins can get into the acp.

I have tried the mycookies script too but this also didn't help.

I am running the latest board as I upgraded in an attempt to fix the problem, still to no avail.

This problem happens for all administrators, but only on this VB forum, not on my other two, and has never occoured on my other two?

Help is appreciated.

Comment

• Your cookie settings are bad, what do you have for your cookie path and folder?

Comment

• Cookie path is just /

The three forums are not on the same domain so this should be ok?

Comment

• Are there any other suggestions at why the error keeps re-occuring please?

Comment

• Please start a new thread for your specific issue.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Admin Login Problem <>

Im getting the same problem and I tried the fixes without no change in the issue, I even deleted cookies in vBulletin and in Ie6 and still no change, I setup FireFox and the issue changed to login is wrong password 1,2,3,4,5.

I did find a way to temporarily get into my AdminCp by way of entering the url to my site: www.mysite.com/forums/admincp/ ...<> after logging in I get the double login screens. At that time I copy and paste any php file from my admincp folder after the login and I get temporary access until something better comes along...<>

Good Luck cuzz we going to need it...<>
                *** Enjoy the Forums ***

Comment

• Please start a new thread for your specific issue.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Just came in with the same problem, found this thread, and tried the fix_login.php script. Worked like a charm. Thanx a million!
                    Doug Wilson
                    Administrator, Timeshare Users Group bbs

Comment

• I turned off my firewall and it worked. Zonealarm privacy settings.

Comment

• Does the script work on vB 3.5? Cause the other script didn't.
                        http://www.nucia.nl/forum/
                        The best way to kill malware; is to kill it together.

Comment

• Upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory. Use this to reset the cookie domain and path back to the defaults. This should work.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Thanks !!

Noting is more enoying then being locked out from your own forums.

Comment

• Then either you are using the wrong customer number or the wrong file. You need to use the tools.php file from the zip file for your customer account.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• I deleted that post :s.

Cause It's working already. I used the wrong number, therefore I deleted it..

Again.

Comment