Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Dnt Knw If This Is Any Help, But The Settings On My Web-host Package Where The File Was Uploaded To "file Manager" Were Restricting The Login Fix On My End To Work, Soon As The Settings Were Adjusted The Login Fix Worked For Me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Machol
      AFAIK it has to be one of the following:

1. Corrupted cookies
      2. Cookies being blocked by your computer
      3. A bad session table
      4. Faulty Cookie Domain and/or Path settings
      I suspect it's #3 on my board, as my webhost recently moved our forums to a new server, and after that it hasn't been working.

Here's the problem:
      Before they moved the forums, I closed them via the admin panel. After the move, I'm still logged in - but I see the Closed message (as users & guests would see) even though I'm admin! Normally I would be able to see the boards, and even post in them.
      Furthermore, the 'Admin' link from the bottom of the forum page has disappeared, however the 'Mod' link is still there. I can login to the Mod panel fine, but when I try the Admin panel, I get the 'Thanks for logging in' message, then I get back to the admincp login page again.

I checked out the SQL database, used Repair and Opimize on all tables, but on the 'Session' table I got an error, something like: 'The table header for this table doesn't support this function'.

Because of this I expect the Session table to be corrupt. Is there any way to fix this?

- Btw, I've tried every fix & script listed in this thread, nothing helps

Hope someone can help me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kier
        If clearing your cookies does not fix this problem, upload the attached script to your vbulletin folder and run it, then delete it.
        Worked like a charm. Thank you.

Comment

• Well I have used both the scripts I have taken out the check like the post earlier listed..... I can log into the admin thru my guest account on this pc and it stays.. i can log in at work... I just can not login under my main name and it is really pissing me off.... I have removed every cookie on this machine.. i have no clue what I can do next....
          Last edited by ArcticZeroTK; Fri 26 Mar '04, 6:04pm.

Comment

• Same problem here, tried everything in thread.

Tried deleting cookies
            Both fix scripts
            various user accounts on my windows installation.

Using Windows 2000 + Foxserv.
            IE 6.0 high encryption
            Default vB cookie paths etc.

Posting my PHPInfo to see if anyone can possibly identify an issue with a setting that may help lead us to a solution.

EDIT: its not letting me post it without a ton of junk in it, so i'll see about getting screenshots or something and adding as an attachment
            Last edited by pogoism9; Sat 27 Mar '04, 4:58am.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogoism9
              Tried deleting cookies
              Both fix scripts
              various user accounts on my windows installation.

Using Windows 2000 + Foxserv.
              IE 6.0 high encryption
              Default vB cookie paths etc.

Posting my PHPInfo to see if anyone can possibly identify an issue with a setting that may help lead us to a solution.

EDIT: its not letting me post it without a ton of junk in it, so i'll see about getting screenshots or something and adding as an attachment
              Use the [code] tags if you want to post code.

Comment

• Just want to mention that that script worked like a charm for me.

Comment

• Maybe the problem are different URL's

1.) Old Forum http://www.old.com

2.) Update

3.) New Forum http://forum.old.com

Change in the ControlPanel from the old forum before updating the URL. This was the problem by me.

Comment

• Well i did have the same problem (i believe it revolved around the admin timeout option), but the second fix worked for me, but I can't believe this is still an issue on 3.01 as well

Comment

• Blast from the past....

My hosting service moved my site to a new server tonight and I got hit with this problem (running 3.0.3). The fix_login.php file from the 2nd page or so did the trick.
                      [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

• VB will fix the problem with login?? i run the last release. 3.0.3

Comment

• There is no problem by default, the problem occurs when a user changes the cookie settings to value that is not correc.t

Comment

• Originally posted by merien
                            VB will fix the problem with login?? i run the last release. 3.0.3
                            Please email your forum details to [email protected]lletin.com and we will look into the matter and advice on how to fix it. Include the URL to your site, ftp details, phpMyAdmin details and an admin account to your forum.

Comment

• I just did the upgrade to 3.0.3 from 3.0.0....

The upgrade seemed to go okay until I started to redo my hacks. Well now I am getting this error and so are my members. They can't log onto the board, and I cannot log into my admin cp. I tried to clear my cookies but it does nothing.

Anyone find anything that DOES work to fix this problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashley52680
                                The upgrade seemed to go okay until I started to redo my hacks.
                                We cannot support hacks and hacked forums. Since the problem happens after you start installing your hacks, I suggest you ask for help over at vbulletin.org.
                                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment