Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it's not the cookies then the next step would be to delete all the RC3 non-image files, then reupload them again. Make sure you upload in ASCII. However this certainlyis symptomatic of a cookie problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• having the same problem to log in

its been a week now&its getting frustrating, installed/uploaded tried all the things mentioned and i still cant log in to the control pannel.
      ive had different people look at it and it does the same thing for them (even when they use different p.cs)
      i havent been able to access my forum for quite some time now and its getting annoying, i even had the web-host company check through the settings and server just to make sure but i still keep getting the redirecting page/url soon after i try to login.

if possible could someone contact me and take a look at it for me id be really greatful(i know that dnt count for much)but it is quite frustrating.
      can email me or pm me...cheers
      Last edited by KAL; Fri 30 Jan '04, 1:42pm.

Comment

• AFAIK the fix_login.php script shoukld fix this. I could not find it anywhere on your site. Did you upload and run this?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• me?(sos iv just been waiting for a reply or some guidence, doin my head in)

Comment

• Yes, you. Did you upload and run fix_login.php?

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...257#post486257

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• iv uploaded it but canot seems to get it to work, i must be doing something wrong

Comment

• Steve, any way you could take a look at my setup etc?

I did the steps and it didn't help. Either it's a Human error on my fault with not doing something right, or I don't know.

Comment

• When I uploaded, I used the ftp portion of IE and just dragged and dropped the files. Would that be a reason for this? I wouldn't think so if the installation went smoothly, but who knows. I'm really at a loss right now

Comment

• if its worked for everyone else, i must be doing something wrong i my end, but i just dont know what, can someone take a look at it please?

Comment

• Perhpas you can describe exactly what steps you did and what happened.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• hello...

just to let you know steve that it worked

the fix_login.php worked!

cheers mate, sorry didnt reply sooner just got back to this screen as of now...
                        thanks again.

Comment

• Well one down, me left to go

Anways, I created the folder on my server called forums. Then uploaded using IE's FTP all the folders/files told to upload.

After that I ran the install. I left all of the things default or blank in relation to cookie etc etc.

Then the installation was successful but login didn't work.

So first I tried the fix_login. Nothing

Then the mycookie. Nothing

Then I did a few restarts, repeatedly cleaned, and re-tried the steps and still didn't do anything.

Like I said, I had others try to access it, and it was the same thing that I got. The redirect to the login.

If you'd be willing to give it a hands-on try, I'd agree to that.

Comment

• me same problem every time i cant enter to ACP once time enter acp 10 time can't
                            and also many members on my fourms mybe 1000 members can't access they say wrong passward 15 min try agian or send lost passward many complaint to me what should i do plz any help .

we try everything delet cookies try opera new palent and try mycookies.php same problem .

i upgrade from 2.3.3 to Rc2 and upgrade to Rc3 now
                            every thing ok except login problem .

also i have some Question what is mean this $cookieprefix
                            and if i leave it blank what happend ??
                            Last edited by Q8vbhacks; Sat 31 Jan '04, 3:26am.

Comment

• Make sure the config.php you have is from the latest build, and includes a prefix for the cookie. In the 2.x and 3.x (beta) there was no cookie prefix in the config.php file.

Just update the config.php file with the details from the latest build and upload it to includes/ folder, overwriting the config.php file already there.

This, together with the right cookie path, domain and timeout, will result in a proper use of the cookies.

If users then still have issues, I advice them to close browsers, delete cookies and open one browser and login again. After which things will be fine.

If they are not after all that, then they should temporary close their firewall or lower their internet security settings and test again.

Comment

• Originally posted by floris
                                Make sure the config.php you have is from the latest build, and includes a prefix for the cookie. In the 2.x and 3.x (beta) there was no cookie prefix in the config.php file.

Just update the config.php file with the details from the latest build and upload it to includes/ folder, overwriting the config.php file already there.

This, together with the right cookie path, domain and timeout, will result in a proper use of the cookies.

If users then still have issues, I advice them to close browsers, delete cookies and open one browser and login again. After which things will be fine.

If they are not after all that, then they should temporary close their firewall or lower their internet security settings and test again.
                                i did all that delet temporary % temp & cookies from browsing and close also try to delet from mycookies.php & restart it same problem.
                                thnks floris i rebuildet a new config.php file now what should i but in $cookieprefix = 'bb'; <---- is same that ?

Comment