Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm hoping this may help figure out what the problem is - I've had no problems up to this point with accessing our admincp page. However, I recently made a change that caused this problem. I went in and changed the "timeout cookie" to zero in hopes that it would keep everyone from having to login in every so often. Well, it immediately logged me out as an admin, and we had to manually change the setting through MyAdmin. The problem is, we cannot access the admincp page anymore, even after changing the setting. I'm wondering if this setting may have something to do with everyones' problems?

Also, the Who's Online box is now empty all the time, and all threads are marked as read no matter what - even after we've changed the setting back. Granted we are still using Beta 3, so this might add to our problems, but we have a fair amount of customization done that makes upgrading a time consuming process. So we've been holding off on doing so. Hopefully this all gets figured out soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ludachris
      I'm hoping this may help figure out what the problem is - I've had no problems up to this point with accessing our admincp page. However, I recently made a change that caused this problem. I went in and changed the "timeout cookie" to zero in hopes that it would keep everyone from having to login in every so often. Well, it immediately logged me out as an admin, and we had to manually change the setting through MyAdmin. The problem is, we cannot access the admincp page anymore, even after changing the setting. I'm wondering if this setting may have something to do with everyones' problems?

Also, the Who's Online box is now empty all the time, and all threads are marked as read no matter what - even after we've changed the setting back. Granted we are still using Beta 3, so this might add to our problems, but we have a fair amount of customization done that makes upgrading a time consuming process. So we've been holding off on doing so. Hopefully this all gets figured out soon.
      I would say setting the cookie timeout to zero sets it to 0 seconds, meaning that your cookie expires immediately, which would mean the same for all of your users, hence the WOL being empty.

Also it was recommended that you did not have the beta customized until it had reached RC or gold as it makes bug fixing a lot harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by poolking
        I would say setting the cookie timeout to zero sets it to 0 seconds, meaning that your cookie expires immediately, which would mean the same for all of your users, hence the WOL being empty.

Also it was recommended that you did not have the beta customized until it had reached RC or gold as it makes bug fixing a lot harder.
        Actually, I'm able to post on the user side with no problem. And as I said, we manually changed the cookie setting back in the database, but the problem still persists.

Comment

Actually, I'm able to post on the user side with no problem. And as I said, we manually changed the cookie setting back in the database, but the problem still persists.
          Turns out one of our engineers was able to fix the problem in something called the "datastore". I don't have specifics, but that's where the problem was found. Hope this helps others.

Comment

• The second fix_login.php seemed to work for me. I upgraded a copy of my main database to vb3 (to see how the styles were gonna look), and it wouldn't allow me to log into the admin CP.

All is good now. Thanks!
            RPG Warfare
            Choose your Destiny

Comment

Turns out one of our engineers was able to fix the problem in something called the "datastore". I don't have specifics, but that's where the problem was found. Hope this helps others.
              I would appreciate it if whoever fixed it for you could explain this. Everytime I change that table, I get an error. I changed the cookie setting from 0 (an admin made it that way for some reason) in myphpadmin, and it failed to work, and I got an error. So I ran the script (the first fix_login.php) and it worked. However, now I cannot access any of the admin files. I can see /admincp/index.php, but not options.php or template.php, or any other ones.

Any solution? What do I have to edit?

I assume it is this section:

s:13:"cookietimeout";s:1:"0";s:10:"cookiepath";s:1:"/";s:12:"cookiedomain";s:0:"";s:10:"gzipoutput";s:1:"1";s:9:
              "gziplevel";s:1:"1";s:10:"addheaders";s:1:"0";s:14:"nocacheheaders";s:1:"0";s:17:"useheade rredirect";s:1:"1";

(It stretched the forum so I pressed enter once)

But, as I said, editing it screws the forums up.

What I get in the admincp pages is:

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
              File: /home2/wutalk/public_html/admincp/options.php
              Line: 2

So this is a HUGE problem. Maybe you guys could make "0" impossible for cookie timeout.

Comment

• I do a Update from 2.3.0 to 3.0 G for testing under a new URL but change not the the cookiedomain in the oldforum. The new version 3.0 G do not write any cookie.

If i change the cookiedomain before i update to the new URL it works.

Comment

• I had the problem loggin in to the adminpanel which was on

localserver/wwwroot/someroot/forum/admincp

Now that i used the fix provided on page 3 i think of this thread, login is possible but there are no stlyesheets activiated which is rather annoying on the many tables and scripts on the adminpage

Any idea how to reactivate the styles. they show up just fine on the rest of the forum and EVEN after loggin in as admin during the redirect-page.

Rocco

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco
                    I had the problem loggin in to the adminpanel which was on

localserver/wwwroot/someroot/forum/admincp

Now that i used the fix provided on page 3 i think of this thread, login is possible but there are no stlyesheets activiated which is rather annoying on the many tables and scripts on the adminpage

Any idea how to reactivate the styles. they show up just fine on the rest of the forum and EVEN after loggin in as admin during the redirect-page.

Rocco
                    Could you post the link to that particular post? Because not everyone has the same number of posts per page so it's probably not on page 3 for me and a lot of other people

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco
                      Do you mean the admin cp style? If so you need to update the forum URL to the correct one. This will fix the problem.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Alright, Steve sent me the fix_login.php script.

I loaded it and it did what it was supposed to do. So then I clicked proceed to admin cp. Logged in, and did the same thing. Accepted the login, then redirected me back to the login screen yet again.

Comment

• Then the only other likely explanation is that your cookies are messed up or your PC is not accepting them. Try this:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...514#post589514
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Machol
                            Then the only other likely explanation is that your cookies are messed up or your PC is not accepting them. Try this:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...514#post589514
                            Alright, I ran that one and deleted all the cookies. Checked again and I had no cookies.

But, tried it again to login and the same thing.

Comment

• Well, considering it has to be either a forum issue or a PC issue, I'm pretty sure it's forum related.

Only due to the fact that I tried it on multiple computers. One that has never been in contact with the internet before.

So maybe that narrows it down. This really isn't fun though

Comment

• A couple other things to note for anyone else reading this.

This was a fresh install of VB 3 RC 3.

The installation ran smoothly.

I tried both php scripts in this thread, and I also tried the mycookies.php to delete the cookies from the forum.

But still not able to login. I had various people try to login to see if it was a PC issue, and they had the same problems. None of them have ever seen a vbulletin forum, let alone have one.

One thing I did notice was the Admin CP Login. When I login to my forum, then go to the CP Login page, it uses the VB 3 Default Style. Then after I login once, it switches to the VB 3 Silver Style.

The same thing happens trying to access the admin CP or the Mod CP. No differences. Still just redirects back to the login page.

I haven't done any editing of any of the scripts except the ones that were necessary to do. i.e. config.php before the install and deleting the install.php.

If anyone is willing to look over my settings except directly, I'm willing to do that so I can get this working.

Either PM me on here or email me at [email protected]

I also have AIM, but need to add you to my AIM list first before you can IM me.

Thanks alot.

Comment