Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no problems posting on the board at all, but I do have to login everytime I access it.

I added the script as you said and see nothing referencing the cookies. Maybe I screwed it up? Should I put something else in the script besides what you wrote?

Comment

• Can you save the output from that phpinfo file and mail it to me? Address is in sig. Thanks.

Comment

• I had this problem too but I got it to work without having to run the fix_login thing

I reinstalled the board and left the two fields requesting cookie path and cookie domain blank. And I'm having no problems at all

Comment

• I might as well add, I have the same exact problem:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=511745

Except mine might be a bit different. I can't transfer VB 2.3.0 to my new server with or wuthout upgrading.

Comment

• wow this is gay. I installed the beata 5 and this **** is still not fixed. Come on guys I am paying here. I know it is a beata but we told you about it. Sorry if I sould like a pric but this is nuts man. Just fix the admin cp that is where all the problems. are yo.
            soon

Comment

• Notice its BETA that means its not done :-/ So don't tell people how much it sucks because its not done yet. And The Admin CP works in every other browser but IE. So just get Mozilla for the time being until it goes to RC Status. If you want a stable version then get 2.3.2 :-/
              http://img66.exs.cx/img66/4535/astgmail.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by Asterik
                And The Admin CP works in every other browser but IE.
                I've never had a problem with the CP in IE... But yeah, test it in another browser and see if it works.

Oh, and to anyone still having problems: the questions I've asked people in this thread are valid for you too. I made a bunch of changes up to beta 5 to try and reduce these issues, but the fact is, I can't reproduce this myself. I've even done a decent amount of things to induce it, but no luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Sullivan
                  I've never had a problem with the CP in IE... But yeah, test it in another browser and see if it works.

Oh, and to anyone still having problems: the questions I've asked people in this thread are valid for you too. I made a bunch of changes up to beta 5 to try and reduce these issues, but the fact is, I can't reproduce this myself. I've even done a decent amount of things to induce it, but no luck.

Mike I think the problem that everyone is having has to do something with the way the cookies are handled. When I installed the board and left the fields asking for cookie path, and cookie domain blank I did not have this issue. However when I installed it with something in there I had the problem of not being able to login. Hope this helps you in some way

Comment

• Originally posted by cdawg
                    Mike I think the problem that everyone is having has to do something with the way the cookies are handled. When I installed the board and left the fields asking for cookie path, and cookie domain blank I did not have this issue. However when I installed it with something in there I had the problem of not being able to login. Hope this helps you in some way
                    That's one of the things this script is supposed to fix:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...&postcount=140

By the way, I have no problem using IE with the vB3 Admin CP either.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cdawg
                      I assume that "something" in this case was invalid (like, /not/my/forum/path or .not-my-domain.com ). In which case, those scripts are supposed to fix that issue, although it might be worthwhile putting a value check in the install script (unfortunately, the CP version doesn't have a great way of handling that right now).

If it doesn't appear to be invalid, then it should work without the scripts. However, it does seem that there are some cases (although significantly less common now) where the path/domain are the defaults, but people still can't login.

Comment

• I've run the script, and it reset the values so I can login, however, the cookies now conflict with my main board cookies.

I'm running vb3 in a seperate directory. What can I enter in the cookie fields to get it to be different so they don't conflict?
                        Admin @ HardwareGeeks.com

Comment

• If any of you have zone alarm you might want to turn off the cookie blocker and just use IEs cookie blocker I did this and it helped.
                          soon

Comment

• Nope, don't have it.
                            Admin @ HardwareGeeks.com

Comment

• I have so far been unable to access the ACP on my test server or remain logged in on the board even after running the scripts posted.

I had hoped that this would clear up with beta6 but no such luck.

Any other suggestions?
                              Sig? What sig?

Comment

• No one?

Oh well, maybe this will help you then?

I found a way to get vB3 b6 to run on my test server but it ain't pretty.
                                It's not the best solution but it gets you into the ACP and restricts access to one machine.
                                Note: This totally destroys the admin permissions system.

1) Get into the ACP

Search the files in admincp for all occurrences of:
                                PHP Code:
                                print_cp_no_permission(); 
                                Replace them with:
                                PHP Code:
                                // print_cp_no_permission(); 
                                Search the files in admincp for all occurrences of:
                                PHP Code:
                                if (can_administer('xxx blah whatever')) 
                                Replace them with:
                                PHP Code:
                                if (== 1
                                2) Keep others out of the ACP.

This only works if your test server is an isolated stand-alone machine or your board is on an intranet where the admin can have physical access to the server.

Add a new line to config.php with the IP address of the server:
                                PHP Code:
                                $canaccesscp 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'
                                Find in admincp/global.php:
                                PHP Code:
                                if ($checkpwd OR ($vboptions['timeoutcontrolpanel'] AND !$session['loggedin']) OR !$_COOKIE['bbadminsession'])
                                {
                                // print_cp_login();

Replace with:
                                PHP Code:
                                if ($_SERVER[REMOTE_ADDR] !== $canaccesscp)
                                {
                                print_cp_login();

DarkDelight.net
                                Last edited by DarkDelight.net; Wed 17 Sep '03, 9:41am.
                                Sig? What sig?

Comment