Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, I just installed it on my host (opposed to my computer) and it works find, without and fixer scripts...

Comment

• The fix_login.php do not work on my Server. So i have change the login.php with the Beta 3.Only the Style of the Admin for the AdminCP would not be loaded. Tommorrow i look where the problem is.

Comment

• Sorry, i forget. You must kill the Cookies

Comment

• Admin Control Panel Access Denied

Originally posted by Kier
          Clear your cookies and remove the sessionhash from the URL - this is caused by vB2 cookies conflicting with vB3 cookies.

Once they are cleared there shouldn't be a problem.
          I've cleared up the cookies and history files but that did not fix my problem. This is what I've been getting instead.

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel :

Invalid SQL: SELECT cancontrolpanel FROM user,usergroup WHERE user.usergroupid=usergroup.usergroupid AND user.userid='0'
          mysql error: Unknown column 'cancontrolpanel' in 'field list'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Saturday 05th of July 2003 03:04:42 PM
          Script: /discussions/admin/
          Referer:

Please help. My board can be accessed at http://www.bible-truths.net/discussions. Thanks!

Comment

• You are missing a field in the user table. Was this an upgrade or a new install?
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
              For anyone still having problems, try this version of the fix_login.php script.
              hi

it finally worked

just to add something

you can add a subdomain to your domain like:

http://vb3.yourdomain.com

and install your board on it... this is for fresh install
              use the script above also if you had any problem.. it will work

thanx
              http://www.halfmoon-sa.com/ads/adview.php

Comment

• Im not getting this problem in the newest version of Netscape! yes i've tryed everything in IE and i did nothing to Netscape and its not working great! i haven't had 2 c the ACP login screen more than 1nce! *the time i logged in 4 all u that can't think 2 well*
                http://img66.exs.cx/img66/4535/astgmail.gif

Comment

For anyone still having problems, try this version of the fix_login.php script.
                  Mine is really weird.

My admin cp logs in fine with my admin acc. The user side logs in fine with my admin account. and another persons account works fine....but noone elses accounts work.

Everytime after typing in te u/password they are redirected to the login page. (sometimes I notice that the forum shows they have logged in ok, cause they appear on the whois).

Any help on this?

info:
                  This was a fresh vb3 board installed on the server. I then moved host and domains and then command line imported the 2.5mb db. I ran Keir's first script and noe Eds, neither have fully corrected the problem. Keir's one allowed my account to access admin, but the users are having problems.

EDIT

In addition to that...I've noticed that if when you try to login....you click the "if you do not want to wait” link...it redirects you properly and without fail.......only fails if you don't click the link.
                  Last edited by CasparUK; Wed 9 Jul '03, 6:28am.

Comment

• I didn't had this problem till this morning.

I can enter the board without problems, just entering adminCP and modCP redirect me back to the login screen.

I have done everything suggested in this thread, but nothing did remove the problem.

info:
                    Fresh beta 4 install
                    The day before yesterday we had over 75 new registrations, that gave me a database error about users.MYD and solved that with repair and optimize.
                    This morning no access to ACP

This were btw the only problems I have had since the fresh install at the release date of beta 4.

I hope somebody can help me out, cause I don't know it anymore

thanks
                    Ad

Comment

• Did you had contact with your hosting provider to ask the what they are doing to the server that could cause corruption in the database time and time again ?

Comment

• Originally posted by xiphoid
                        Did you had contact with your hosting provider to ask the what they are doing to the server that could cause corruption in the database time and time again ?
                        I'm on a dedicated server, just before beta 4 I updated all server soft to the latest versions. But that is not the problem I think.

I had a look in the database [settings] and saw that all was blank for cookiedomain and path. So I altered myself for:

Cookiedomain: value: empty defaultvalue: empty
                        Cookiepath: value: / defaultvalue: /VB3/

This is what I remembered from some time ago.

I took a chance to run the active board on a beta (yes I know ) but installing 2.3.0 and upgrading was not an option because we had an hacker attack that crashed the server, so I had to start again from point blank.
                        Last edited by SmartGnome; Wed 9 Jul '03, 8:37am.

Comment

• Ok, did some checking myself and found a sollution (I think).

I created a clean beta 4 board in a dummy directory of the server with his own new database. Then I ran that dummy once and posted a messages in the standard installed forum.

After that I connected my board to that new database (config.php change dbname). Did a login to admincp and I was in that empty database and got into options, saved without changing anything. Then log out and reconnect to the original database.

First I could login to admincp and had to go to options and also save this without anything changed before the adminpanel worked again.

Now all my admins and mods can get in again. I have checked it by several logins from several machines.

Q:
                          Is Vb saving some settings in some sort of a cache or hidden area ??

Hope this will help
                          Ad

<hope you understand my bad English>

Comment

• Originally posted by CasparUK
                            Mine is really weird.

My admin cp logs in fine with my admin acc. The user side logs in fine with my admin account. and another persons account works fine....but noone elses accounts work.

Everytime after typing in te u/password they are redirected to the login page. (sometimes I notice that the forum shows they have logged in ok, cause they appear on the whois).

Any help on this?

info:
                            This was a fresh vb3 board installed on the server. I then moved host and domains and then command line imported the 2.5mb db. I ran Keir's first script and noe Eds, neither have fully corrected the problem. Keir's one allowed my account to access admin, but the users are having problems.

EDIT

In addition to that...I've noticed that if when you try to login....you click the "if you do not want to wait” link...it redirects you properly and without fail.......only fails if you don't click the link.

Can anyone help me with this, I'm really lost now and don't know what to do?

Comment

• Originally posted by CasparUK
                              Can anyone help me with this, I'm really lost now and don't know what to do?
                              Set the "Remove Redirection Message Pages" option to no.

Comment

Set the "Remove Redirection Message Pages" option to no.
                                Thanks for the reply, but where is that located?

Comment