When VB3 beta is released...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When VB3 beta is released...

And i set up styles and such, and then there's an update for VB3 i won't have to set up the styles again will i?

I'm presuming it's just like any other update (like from VB2.2.9 to 2.3.0)

Just making sure.

I believe it's been said that you will have to redo your styles. The old ones will be saved and available for reference.
    HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
    Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
    iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
    VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

I'm moving to vB2.30 as I've heard that you won't be able to upgrade from previous versions as easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael2
        I believe it's been said that you will have to redo your styles. The old ones will be saved and available for reference.
        Been told in another thread by Steve that the custom colors will be retained but not any changes that have been made to the templates.

Comment

Your current styles will be retained but they will not be useable by vB3. They will remain soley for your reference.

Comment

Um I think the person is asking about upgrades between say 3.0.0 and 3.0.1...

Comment

No, you're all getting me wrong.

i mean when VB3 comes out and i've already set everything up for it.

then there's an update (say VB3.0.1) i won't have to Re-do them all again will i?

Comment

It'll be just like the vB 2.x updates. Some templates may change and will need to be updated in order to get the full affect of any bug fixes and feature enhancements.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve, is it possible for you to release manual update instructions when releasing the updates from vb3 onwards? (obviously not fron vb2 to 3, but from 300 to 301).

I really hated the upgrades in the past as I keep a log of updates or hacks I make, and when I upgrade I always seem to end up just deleting all the php files, putting the new version in, then running the update2x.php file, then i spend ages reinstalling all my modifications again....

I'm sure the automated version is great for most users, but I think you'll understand what I mean.

Comment

Thanks Steve ^_^

i was just making sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Wheatley
                      Steve, is it possible for you to release manual update instructions when releasing the updates from vb3 onwards? (obviously not fron vb2 to 3, but from 300 to 301).
                      There are no upgrade instructions for the simple reason that these versions don't exist yet. When they do, the instructions will be in the members area with the rest of the upgrade instructions.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yeah I'm getting too far ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Wheatley

I really hated the upgrades in the past as I keep a log of updates or hacks I make, and when I upgrade I always seem to end up just deleting all the php files, putting the new version in, then running the update2x.php file, then i spend ages reinstalling all my modifications again....

I'm sure the automated version is great for most users, but I think you'll understand what I mean.
                          Keeping up to date when you have a lot of hacks really should be done with the help of a program like Beyond Compare.

For the really minor updates, let's say 3.0 to 3.0.1, I will compare a virgin copy of 3.0 to a virgin copy of 3.0.1 and make the changes to my hacked vB3.0.

It's an unusual way of thinking, but I find it to ten times faster than trying to re-hack virgin copies every single update.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X