Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does vB3 Admin Improve Poll Result Search In AdminCP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does vB3 Admin Improve Poll Result Search In AdminCP?

Right now, in vB2, finding the results to a poll is, quite simply, hell. We get merely a list of every single poll ever created, and we can't even search that list.

Is this improved in vB3?
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Try to hit Ctrl + F .

Comment

Look at attached image.
      Attached Files
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Ahh, still difficult then.
        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

How did you had it in mind that you think it could be improved ?

Sort them on date or something ?

Comment

I would like to see maybe a list of the latest 15 in a table, but then an option to see the complete list in that form on another page(maybe something saying ">> View complete list" or something).

Comment

Hm, would really be good to have a search... it takes very long until the page loads (we currently have 600 polls)...
              GameCrash

Project Tools Importer for forum threads
              Current Version: 1.0.0 Beta 3

Comment

the problem with loading time on vB2 was due to the query it was having to scan every single row in the thread table and i believe this has been improved in vB3 by altering the way the query is handled.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GameCrash
                  Hm, would really be good to have a search... it takes very long until the page loads (we currently have 600 polls)...
                  You should check out this post. The query can be altered a little and the page will load in under a second.
                  Spread Peace,
                  Brian Gunter

vBadvanced | EDMPlanet

Comment

yes but that will lock the entire thread table while the scan is done, the other one joins the thread table on the poll id the problem is there is no index on the pollid in the thread table.
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Wouldn't it just be easier to have a "who voted for what in this poll" in the thread only viewable by admins (and users if enabled in AdminCP)

Comment

Working...
                      X