Access Key for the [HTML] tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access Key for the [HTML] tag

How do I get the list of access keys for vbulletin 3? e.g. in vb2+, for bold it's alt+b, italic = alt+i, etc.

I am interested in the key that will be used for 'html' specifically... will it be alt+h or something else?

Thank you.
    J de Silva
    GIDForums™ | GIDSearch™ | GIDNetwork™

In vBulletin 2 the alt+b shows up some menu item from internet explorer. You sure it also works in vb2 ? And shouldn't it be control b for bold (like in vb3)and control i for italic, etc?

They are the same as in Word, so try to find a list in word?

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
      In vBulletin 2 the alt+b shows up some menu item from internet explorer. You sure it also works in vb2 ?
      In vb2? Sure it works in vb2... I use it all the time! You have to have the cursor on the textarea though, otherwise what you said earlier, will happen.

Meanwhile, I hope someone from the 'team' will answer soon...
      J de Silva

Comment

I just tried it, but either control b loads up a new window thingy with options or alt b give me menubar option b. And yeah, its clicked in a text area.

I use IE6, if you do to, then I am stunned. I never knew this was coded in vb2, or in my browser.

Comment

By the way,
          I just registered on your forum, it mentioned I could expect an Email at home, i got it and pressd this link
          http://www.desilva.biz/forum/regist...&i=26055359 from the email.
          It said 'could not activate account, it is invalid'.

Guess I can't register on your forum. Sorry.

GIDForums™ MessageWe could not activate your account because this web address is not valid. Make sure that you have the entire address from the email, and that your email client has not split the address over several lines.
          Please try again with the full address from the email that you received. If it still does not work, try filling in the activation form:
          Activation form
          If you do not know your activation code, you can find it in the email that was sent to you when you first registered. To have it sent again, please click here:
          Send new email with activation code.
          If all else fails, email the administrator, making sure that you include your registered email address and username.

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
            I just tried it, but either control b loads up a new window thingy with options or alt b give me menubar option b. And yeah, its clicked in a text area.

I use IE6, if you do to, then I am stunned. I never knew this was coded in vb2, or in my browser.
            Perhaps we may be talking about different things... what I am saying is this:

When you post on your board, when you hover the mouse over the bold tag, what does it tell you?
            J de Silva

Comment

Yes, those context keys will work in vBulletin 3 as they do in vBulletin 2.

I don't think there is one for the HTML tag as of yet especially since the data entry boxes do not support the HTML tag from the toolbar.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Aaaaaaaah, I got mad or something,
                I was totally looking at something wrong - I don't know what got into me. Well, it is all clear to me now and yeah, that is working very nice, and even got better in version 3, and uhm. I don't think html has any tags indeed (like wayne mentioned).

/me goes hit his head against a wall

Comment

Thank you Wayne, I just wrote a hack to add the html tag to my board and thought it would be wise for me to use the same accesskey as the one you will add for vb3...
                  J de Silva

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X