Quick Reply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Reply

OK, well, I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature request.

Personally I would like to click the "Go Advanced" button to see the full new reply page.

At the moment, if you click it without a message, you get "Your message must be at least 3 characters long".

Would it be possible for that to be overridden so you can click it without anything written in the box?

I mean, keep it for the "Post quick reply" button, but yeah allow you to do it for the "go advanced" button.

Hope that makes sense

Originally posted by DWZ
    OK, well, I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature request.

Personally I would like to click the "Go Advanced" button to see the full new reply page.

At the moment, if you click it without a message, you get "Your message must be at least 3 characters long".

Would it be possible for that to be overridden so you can click it without anything written in the box?

I mean, keep it for the "Post quick reply" button, but yeah allow you to do it for the "go advanced" button.

Hope that makes sense
    That is an admin option, as said many many times before. So it's up to you...

The reason why it is on here is the threaded view. If you turn that option off (so it does, what you said) the threaded view would not make much sense anymore.
    Greetz Alex
    Spasschat-Team - the best chat, you've ever seen :)

Comment

Sorry, I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

What I want is for the Go Advanced button at the bottom of the quick reply box to do the same thing as the "reply" button under each post.

I can't see why this would affect threaded mode. That's what I'm using now...

Comment

I understand what you are saying, but I'm not sure why it's such a big deal to just click the big Post Reply button located just a hundred pixels above the quick reply box, which would do exactly what you want?

Comment

Yeah, that's true. But I mean, the button below is just bigger and easier to see and I have caught myself a few times trying to click it.

I mean, the words "Go Advanced" should do that, otherwise it would need to be renamed to "Go Advanced if you have three characters"
          I know it's nothing major, but it would be nice to have. I mean, it would only take a few lines of code wouldn't it?

Comment

I suppose instead of "Go Advanced" it could be "Compose in WYSIWYG Editor". Still connotes the idea of being able to click it even if you haven't written anything though.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X