X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roody
    replied
    Originally posted by filburt1
    I swear to god Jelsoft should just say that it will be released in 2005. That way everybody will be psyched when everything magically is released before "schedule."
    Or lynched for taking so long between versions.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    I swear to god Jelsoft should just say that it will be released in 2005. That way everybody will be psyched when everything magically is released before "schedule."

Leave a comment:

• hacker
    replied
    Originally posted by Kier
    Grans can be very wise... although everyones' Grans I know are raving loonies
    Sometimes they kick the bucket before the release. How sad.....

Leave a comment:

• ukdiver
    replied
    Originally posted by xiphoid
    For me, everything for the enduser is the frontend, everything else that is private, is the backend of the site.
    Yup, I'll go along with that.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    For me, everything for the enduser is the frontend, everything else that is private, is the backend of the site.

Leave a comment:

• Icheb
    replied
    The Admin CP is still the frontend, only the database itself is the backend.

Leave a comment:

• ukdiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Icheb
    No, the backend is the database, everything you can see with your browser is called the frontend. Even phpMyAdmin is only a frontend to the database, since it's a way to access it.
    Perhaps xiphoid meant the Admin CP when he said backend, ie the bit of vB that most users don't see. This is where you change templates.

Leave a comment:

• Icheb
    replied
    You can change html/xhtml code on the fly through the back end, add images etc. Just like with vBulletin version 2. only mucho more, mucho better.
    No, the backend is the database, everything you can see with your browser is called the frontend. Even phpMyAdmin is only a frontend to the database, since it's a way to access it.

Leave a comment:

• alanvo
    replied
    VB 3 will be releasing in 2 mins....

hehehe, jk....have a nice day everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by ub3x
    If you're paying something and they say they're going to include it, then you should expect it.
    Some features we had wanted to put into vBulletin 2.2.X simply weren't possibly with the code involved and making the system as scaleable as possible.

Most hack writers do not care as much for resource usage and scalability. This is why you see forums with 100 or more queries on their front pages and queries on things like threads created since last visit that take 10-15 seconds to run if you have over 500,000 posts.

Leave a comment:

• ub3x
    replied
    If you're paying something and they say they're going to include it, then you should expect it.

Leave a comment:

• Matty Bwoy
    replied
    Blimey give the team a break!
    It's not a 10 second job writing a forum system as good as vB...so if you really want it then you'll wait for it.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Horwitz
    replied
    For the x freakiest time ...

Besides that, if it turns out to be 2004, who cares. As long as it is as nice as vbulletin is running and usable. Nothing wrong with the 2.2.x[/font]

Besides the fact I have been waiting for a certain feature to be integrated since 1.x and at that time I was told it would be available in 2.x and now I'm told it IS part of 3.x....

The feature I need does have a hack, and I did have it implemented way back around 2.2, but I got sick of redoing it everytime a new release came out. It was a fairly involved hack for me.

Personally I want to run my site with the least number of hacks as possible to maintain reliabilty and ease of upgrade. Therefore I as well as numerous others are chomping at the bit for the feature rich V3 to finally be released.

Christmas is long gone folks....

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    For the x freakiest time ...

This is the vBulletin version 2 style. NOT the vBulletin version 3 style.

vBulletin is TEMPLATE DRIVEN - you can alter it to any design that you want. Enable all that you see and also disable it. Many options are switchable by the end-user through their control panel.

vBulletin has an administrator control panel which has improved a lot and it is controlled by a .css which can be changed very quickly through any editor to match you own liking of design.

vBulletin is template driven, not mind driven. How it looks is not how it is. You can change html/xhtml code on the fly through the back end, add images etc. Just like with vBulletin version 2. only mucho more, mucho better.

Many hacks from vbulletin.org are now default features and many template modifications are now (or might be) default features .. and kier has mentioned many times that this is not the final (default) style for vbulletin 3.

I seriously don't understand why users purchase a product by the looks of it. People should see through the colors and to see the features, the improvements and think 'ok, this is not my liking, but .. its template driven, so i can do with it what i want'.

Having said that,

the style is not final.

Adding to this thread:
    the q1 2003 mentioning is for the first public beta, not the final gold release.

Currently: February will be most likely to be a month for the private beta / Maybe March (begin april) public beta / and before 2003 ends, the release candidates and the final versions. - Just read threads and comments from vb team members and it will be clear. Besides that, if it turns out to be 2004, who cares. As long as it is as nice as vbulletin is running and usable. Nothing wrong with the 2.2.x

Leave a comment:

• ub3x
    replied
    at the moment i'm not liking the design of vb3, but hopefully there will be an option to filter out the parts that I don't like. But anyways, yeah, can't wait, should be pretty good.

Leave a comment: