X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    feldon23

• feldon23
    replied
    magic quotes is trivial. Don't worry about it.

Leave a comment:

• Sysop9001

• Sysop9001
    replied
    magic_quotes_gpc should be off

Hi, I first install vB 3.6.0 Gold, the installation process is terminate with out any errors and for now the forum don't give any error, well I decide anyway to run the test script called vb_test.php, it say all pass except magic_quotes_gpc but anyway the script say PASSED, well if I click on the magic_quotes_gpc link that say "fail" I show this:

"magic_quotes_gpc should be off for optimal performance, ask your host to change this in php.ini"

I dont have root access on my server and don't have access on php.ini, it's a normal shared hosting, I need to know only if is possible if that issue as probabily cause problem to my forum performance or stability?

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• feldon23

• feldon23
    replied
    magic_quotes_gpc is not a critical issue and really shouldn't even be included in the test.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This has nothing to do with magic_quotes_gpc and please do not start multiple support tickets concerning the same problem. The issue, as Colin has stated, is a problem with your version of MySQL and possibly PHP configuration. You need to contact your host/.

Leave a comment:

• Kristijan[cro]

• Kristijan[cro]
    replied
    i was moving forum from one server to another, so i download all files to my computer, and just upload to SITE/forum

and dump database, its this correctly

Leave a comment:

• Kristijan[cro]

• Kristijan[cro]
    replied
    i have error with this

magic_quotes_gpc Fail <vb_test.php?help=magic_quotes_gpc>

his is the problem with forum

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect(): Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client /var/www/www/croportal.net/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 279

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Date : Monday, April 3rd 2006 @ 03:02:16 PM
    Script : http://www.croportal.net/forum/
    Referrer : http://www.croportal.net/forum/
    IP Address : 83.131.248.24
    Username :
    Classname : vb_database

i have installed vbulletin test script and this is the error, it need this magic_quotes_gpc

Leave a comment:

• poolking

• poolking
    replied
    I've not had any problems, probably because I upgraded and didn't do a fresh install.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23

• feldon23
    replied
    Originally posted by Dennis B
    Something else:

I registered as the admin during the install script. Even so it reports I'm a COPPA user. It shows up when I try to edit my profile and it shows up in the admin control panel when I search for myself.
    Bug in vB3. Please look in Bugs forum.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis B

• Dennis B
    replied
    Something else:

I registered as the admin during the install script. Even so it reports I'm a COPPA user. It shows up when I try to edit my profile and it shows up in the admin control panel when I search for myself.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis B

• Dennis B
    replied
    Did a quick serach and didn't find this...

Installation went perfect, played around with the language system a bit, everything looks fine.

However... whenever I hit the "new thread" button I get the following message on the top of the screen, even though it loads the page correctly:
    Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 327 in /[path to my forum]/newthread.php on line 327
    If I ignore it, it works fine. Tried several times, always happens. It does not happen on "post reply".

EDIT: forgot to mention before, but this is a new installation (a test forum).
    Dennis B
    Last edited by Dennis B; Sat 14 Jun '03, 5:01pm.

Leave a comment:

• inetd

• inetd
    replied
    H'm.
    When I run vb_test.php on localhost db I see error...
    My localhost db don't have a pass, and after I enter mySQL Server, mySQL Database, mySQL Username and click "Run test" I again see vb_test.php first page with form...

Leave a comment:

• feldon23

• feldon23
    replied
    Originally posted by Game Wizards
    Damn, I should read the whole thread first.. LOL
    Yeah, you didn't read 11 pages of "me too!". Someone give him 40 lashes with a bit of sodden pasta!

Leave a comment:

• qxh

• Game Wizards
    replied
    Damn, I should read the whole thread first.. LOL

Leave a comment:

• qxh

• Game Wizards
    replied
    Alrighty, I failed on magic_quotes_gpc... What does that effect please?

Leave a comment:

• MUG

• MUG
    replied
    You can put this in your .htaccess file:

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X