No announcement yet.

Problems with vBulletin 3 Test Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure, but I don't think it's a real problem. I have one server where all those failed although the vB2 runs without problems on this database. Every permissino checked was set. I then just set the permissions to "All" in webmin, now the script runs without problems. No other scripts where affected.

Don't ask me why, I didn't think more about it as vB3 will never run at this server... but as the script definitly has the permissoins it could just be a bug in the script?
    GameCrash

Project Tools Importer for forum threads
    Current Version: 1.0.0 Beta 3

Comment

Originally posted by TECK
      Guys, why do you post screenshots galore? A simple yes or no will do... and list only the fields where you had problems...
      I think is more useful for Scott to post here onto what env you ran the script, instead of a screenshot.
      PHP and MySQL ver, server settings, etc. That's what they are looking for, not to see that it says "Pass" in all options.
      Because it doesn't hurt anybody to watch a screenshot. *schruks* who cares

Comment

Everything passed except gzip should I be concerned?

PHP 4.0.6 Pass
        MySQL 3.23.42 Pass
        PCRE Pass
        magic_quotes_runtime Pass
        magic_quotes_gpc Pass
        magic_quotes_sybase Pass
        XML Pass
        MySQL Permissions
        create Pass
        alter Pass
        insert Pass
        update Pass
        select Pass
        drop Pass
        Additional Functions
        open_basedir Pass
        safe_mode Pass
        GZIP Fail

Comment

Originally posted by kewl

PHP 4.0.6 Pass
          MySQL 3.23.42 Pass
          PCRE Pass
          magic_quotes_gpc Pass
          magic_quotes_sybase Pass
          XML Pass
          MySQL Permissions
          create Pass
          alter Pass
          insert Pass
          update Pass
          select Pass
          drop Pass
          Additional Functions
          open_basedir Pass
          safe_mode Pass
          GZIP Fail
          also I was told to not upgrade my php unless i am having and problems we get over 16,000 hits a day with no problems

Comment

Originally posted by kewl

PHP 4.0.6 Pass
            MySQL 3.23.42 Pass
            PCRE Pass
            magic_quotes_gpc Pass
            magic_quotes_sybase Pass
            XML Pass
            MySQL Permissions
            create Pass
            alter Pass
            insert Pass
            update Pass
            select Pass
            drop Pass
            Additional Functions
            open_basedir Pass
            safe_mode Pass
            GZIP Fail
            Gzip is just to compress the pages, vBulletin v2 currently works with both on and off. It just helps you save on traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverZero
              Well I spoke with tech support (ciwebhosting) and they refuse to make any changes to the mysql permissions.

Those of you that past the test and are on a shared server, could you please tell me the name of your host so I can check them out? I'm planning on moving my site once I find a compatible host.
              Did you entre the correct host, username, password and an existing database that the user has access to?

This is the only thing that would cause a problem. Flois i have a modified test script to check safemode if you want to test it for me just catch me on IRC later tonight.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                Did you entre the correct host, username, password and an existing database that the user has access to?

This is the only thing that would cause a problem. Flois i have a modified test script to check safemode if you want to test it for me just catch me on IRC later tonight.
                Great

I am on devcore right now

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
                  Because it doesn't hurt anybody to watch a screenshot. *schruks* who cares
                  A screenshot is totally useless. How would that help Scott to troubleshoot what servers perform ok? In no way.
                  If you want to do something to really help him, do something like that:
                  PHP Code:
                  <?php
                  error_reporting
                  E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE );
                  require_once( 
                  './global.php' );

$mysql $DB_site->query_first("
                    SELECT VERSION() AS version
                  "
                  );

if ( 
                  phpversion()>='4.0.6' )
                  {

$serverinfo iif ini_get'safe_mode' ) , 'YES' 'NO' );

$serverinfo .= iif ini_get'file_uploads' ) , ' - FILE_UPLOADS enabled' ' - FILE_UPLOADS disabled' );
                  }
                  else
                  {

$serverinfo 'WARNING! The lowest PHP version required is 4.0.6';
                  }

cpheader();

print_r'<nobr><b>Server Info:</b> ' $_SERVER['SERVER_SOFTWARE'] . '<nobr /><br />' );
                  print_r'<b>PHP Safe Mode:</b> ' $serverinfo '<br />' );
                  print_r'<b>MySQL Version:</b> ' $mysql['version'] );

cpfooter();
                  ?>
                  Save it as info.php in your /admin folder. The results will be like:
                  Code:
                  [b]Server Info:[/b] Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_perl/1.24_01 PHP/4.1.1 FrontPage/5.0.2 mod_ssl/2.8.5 OpenSSL/0.9.6b
                  [b]PHP Safe Mode:[/b] NO - FILE_UPLOADS disabled
                  [b]MySQL Version:[/b] 3.23.41
                  At this, add only the failed tests.
                  While looking at the server config, Scott will understand exacly what went wrong in the failed tests and might adjust certain parameters in the vBulletin files.

That's what I call a normal feedback, not screenshots, but that's just me.
                  So here I am posting the results for my server:
                  Code:
                  [b]Server Info:[/b] Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_perl/1.24_01 PHP/4.1.1 FrontPage/5.0.2 mod_ssl/2.8.5 OpenSSL/0.9.6b
                  [b]PHP Safe Mode:[/b] YES - FILE_UPLOADS enabled
                  [b]Failed Functions:[/b] none
                  Scott, you should add this to your script, so people will post the results here, in a way that will really help you.
                  TECK
                  Last edited by TECK; Mon 6 Jan '03, 6:21am.
                  Floren Munteanu
                  Axivo Inc.
                  Axivo Searchlight - Turbocharge your web site

Comment

Originally posted by TECK
                    A screenshot is totally useless. How would that help Scott to troubleshoot what servers perform ok? In no way.
                    If you want to do something to really help him, do something like that:
                    PHP Code:
                    <?php 
                    error_reporting
                    E_ALL &amp; ~E_NOTICE ); 
                    require_once( 
                    './global.php' ); 

$mysql $DB_site->query_first(
                    SELECT VERSION() AS version 
                    ); 

cpheader(); 

print_r'<nobr><b>Server Info:</b> ' $_SERVER['SERVER_SOFTWARE'] . '<nobr /><br />' ); 
                    print_r'<b>MySQL Version:</b> ' $mysql['version'] ); 

cpfooter(); 
                    ?>
                    Save it as info.php in your /admin folder. The results will be like:
                    Code:
                    At this, add only the failed tests.
                    While looking at the server config, Scott will understand exacly what went wrong in the failed tests and might adjust certain parameters in the vBulletin files.

That's what I call a normal feedback, not screenshots, but that's just me.
                    So here I am posting the results for my server:
                    Code:
                    [b]Failed Functions:[/b] none
                    If you don't like me to post a screenshot, report my post to the moderators and then press the ignore button to avoid future of the attachment option by me. - I wasn't asked in the first post NOT to post a screenshot, therefor I am free to do so. If you dislike that. Tough!

Comment

• Originally posted by xiphoid
                      If you don't like me to post a screenshot, report my post to the moderators and then press the ignore button to avoid future of the attachment option by me. - I wasn't asked in the first post NOT to post a screenshot, therefor I am free to do so. If you dislike that. Tough!
                      Obviously you don't understand the nature of a feedback.
                      As usual, you take any constructive criticism as bad.
                      Floren Munteanu
                      Axivo Inc.
                      Axivo Searchlight - Turbocharge your web site

Comment

• Originally posted by TECK
                        If you want to do something to really help him, do something like that
                        If you read the first post of this thread, it wasn't created for everyone to list whether they passed anyway. I doubt that posting that you did will help your chances of getting the first beta.

It was created so people could post any problems they had in running the actual script so that it could be fixed. So far only two real issues have been brought up - safemode and checking email services. Unfortunately there is so much chaff among the wheat that is a wonder any of the developers would even see problems like this and fix them.

Now you wonder why it has taken so long to develop the product. Everytime feedback is requested on something, it devolves into a 100 post thread about people suggesting new things, arguing about screen shots and glossing over the main question altogether and not giving the feedback the team needs to proceed.
                        Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 6 Jan '03, 7:26am.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• It would help to read the thread - it has been said more than once...
                          GameCrash

Project Tools Importer for forum threads
                          Current Version: 1.0.0 Beta 3

Comment

• Originally posted by TECK
                            Obviously you don't understand the nature of a feedback.
                            As usual, you take any constructive criticism as bad.
                            What does it matter if I understand any nature of any thread or post in a forum. I am free to reply to them. Were there any problems with the script? Not really, only safe_mode failed. And I had a question about that. I also provided a screenshot of how it looked, so scott might understand better what 'failed' meant. If I didn't give a screenshot, maybe it meant 'it failed, but safe_mode is off, what is wrong with your script?'.

You should just act as a member here, and not as a moderator - since it is always the same story with you teck, I will just be the bigger man and press the ignore button to avoid further useless posts.

Comment

• My gzip is showing failed, even though mod_gzip is installed on my server.

Comment

• Nevermind, I was being an idiot. I didn't enter the database name correctly. Everything passed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X