Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with vBulletin 3 Test Script

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
    Though open_basedir does override upload_tmp_dir, unless thats within the set directory.
    Well, locally I had to set upload_tmp_dir, so that uploads through phpMyAdmin work with open_basedir-restriction. Without this, I need to add the /tmp-Folder to my phpMyAdmin-directory, so PMA works with it.
    Hints & Tips:
    [[vB3] More Spiders / Indexers / Archives for vB3 - list]|[List of one-time-emails to ban]


    http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...efox_80x15.png

    Comment


    • #62
      Damn, I failed the test. XML is not enabled on my sever.

      I've been checking around for a quick way to turn on xml, but the best and quickest way thus far I found was to recompile the PHP installation and make sure to turn on xml during install.

      Can anyone come up with a better solution?

      I own a root server, but I have to admit i'm not too experienced yet, so any help is appreciated.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Kaffeerappel
        Damn, I failed the test. XML is not enabled on my sever.

        I've been checking around for a quick way to turn on xml, but the best and quickest way thus far I found was to recompile the PHP installation and make sure to turn on xml during install.

        Can anyone come up with a better solution?

        I own a root server, but I have to admit i'm not too experienced yet, so any help is appreciated.
        mmh ... did you read Post #30?
        Hints & Tips:
        [[vB3] More Spiders / Indexers / Archives for vB3 - list]|[List of one-time-emails to ban]


        http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...efox_80x15.png

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Stadler
          mmh ... did you read Post #30?
          Yup, but that doesn't solve the question I was asking.

          Comment


          • #65
            Everything passed here, fwiw.

            Comment


            • #66
              Well, as you say you have a rootserver, you should get help at the rootforum - it's easier to talk in german

              [for the ones who don't know: rootserver is a product of puretec (german company) - it's a cheap dedicated server]
              GameCrash

              Project Tools Importer for forum threads
              Current Version: 1.0.0 Beta 3

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Stadler
                Well, locally I had to set upload_tmp_dir, so that uploads through phpMyAdmin work with open_basedir-restriction. Without this, I need to add the /tmp-Folder to my phpMyAdmin-directory, so PMA works with it.
                if you set the upload_tmp_dir within a directory below open_base_dir then you will have no problems.

                To sort this problem I have done the following.

                First to check and see if $HTTP_ENV_VARS['TMP'] is writeable, then if get_cfg_var('upload_tmp_dir') is writeable and not equal to null, or safe mode is off.

                If its either of the above then file uploads should work.
                Scott MacVicar

                My Blog | Twitter

                Comment


                • #68


                  On problem with the safe mode ... but vbb works fine soo...vb3 is comming son ?

                  Tanks for all of the work, and sorry for my english

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Yay!

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      I passed with flying colors all areas. So now what. I submit the form and wait

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        KEEP ON ROCKING!!!!!

                        Sorry for my English
                        Let'z talk German

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Everything passed on our server except GZIP. But we have a very accommodating host, if that function should be added. (Would imagine we would want to do that, anyway.)

                          Would this pose a problem for us to test vB3?
                          Last edited by Talisman; Thu 2 Jan '03, 11:14am.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Talisman
                            Everything passed on our server except GZIP. But we have a very accommodating host, if that function should be added. (Would imagine we would want to do that, anyway.)

                            Would this pose a problem for us to test vB3?
                            nope only if you wanted to gzip the pages
                            Scott MacVicar

                            My Blog | Twitter

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                              if you set the upload_tmp_dir within a directory below open_base_dir then you will have no problems.
                              Thats, what I meant, upload_tmp_dir has to be set and to be below open_base_dir.
                              To sort this problem I have done the following.

                              First to check and see if $HTTP_ENV_VARS['TMP'] is writeable, then if get_cfg_var('upload_tmp_dir') is writeable and not equal to null, or safe mode is off.

                              If its either of the above then file uploads should work.
                              I hope, the .zip is updated soon

                              [Edit:]mmh ... maybe there should be a test, if mail() works?
                              Last edited by Stadler; Thu 2 Jan '03, 12:14pm.
                              Hints & Tips:
                              [[vB3] More Spiders / Indexers / Archives for vB3 - list]|[List of one-time-emails to ban]


                              http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...efox_80x15.png

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                What's vbb ???
                                GameCrash

                                Project Tools Importer for forum threads
                                Current Version: 1.0.0 Beta 3

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X