Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with vBulletin 3 Test Script

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by AlexD
    Everything passed on my server, ecxept the GZip Function, even though mod_gzip is active and working.
    The script checks if PHP is compiled with zlib. Which your PHP installation is not, and it need not be seeing as you have mod_gzip installed, which does the same thing as zlib, except ALL your pages get compressed, whereas zlib can only compress PHP pages.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Marco
      The script checks if PHP is compiled with zlib. Which your PHP installation is not, and it need not be seeing as you have mod_gzip installed, which does the same thing as zlib, except ALL your pages get compressed, whereas zlib can only compress PHP pages.
      In that case, you're right.

      But then... shouldn't it say Zlib instead of Gzip?

      I didn't have had time to look in the script and so, it is a little bit confusing.
      Greetz Alex
      Spasschat-Team - the best chat, you've ever seen :)

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Martyjp
        Am I the first to fail

        had problems with magic_quotes_gpc but made the change in php.ini and now all passes
        --Check your inbox Martyjp...

        'tworked well before we upgraded to PHP 4.3.0, but now magic_quotes_gpc fails. Anyone else have this problem?

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Beorn
          --Check your inbox Martyjp...

          'tworked well before we upgraded to PHP 4.3.0, but now magic_quotes_gpc fails. Anyone else have this problem?
          in php.ini magic_quotes_gpc is on by default, change it to Off and restart apache.
          Scott MacVicar

          My Blog | Twitter

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by AlexD
            In that case, you're right.

            But then... shouldn't it say Zlib instead of Gzip?

            I didn't have had time to look in the script and so, it is a little bit confusing.
            Nope, you're wrong. It checks, if the necessary functions crc32 and gzcompress exist. If not, GZIP won't work on your machine. If so, GZIP should work.
            Hints & Tips:
            [[vB3] More Spiders / Indexers / Archives for vB3 - list]|[List of one-time-emails to ban]


            http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...efox_80x15.png

            Comment


            • #51
              Passed. Hosted by pair Networks.
              Harold Kost

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Stadler
                Nope, you're wrong. It checks, if the necessary functions crc32 and gzcompress exist. If not, GZIP won't work on your machine. If so, GZIP should work.
                Oh, my bad... I just assumed it would check for zlib, but I noticed it didn't when I checked the script later on... oh well

                Comment


                • #53
                  YAY! I passed, I am ready for testing

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Passed the test here...

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Everything passed.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        All pass with the exception of safe_mode.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I failed safe mode too. Could I get an explanation of why this is (why it has to do with uploading files) if you guys get a chance? I can probably change it, only problem is i'd have to change it on 11 servers.... ... but everything else passed

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            heres mine

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                              Please post any problems with the vbulletin test script here and any problems you may have regarding the results.
                              I think, I've found a bug: Shouldn't there be a check for the MySQL-permission 'Delete'?
                              Hints & Tips:
                              [[vB3] More Spiders / Indexers / Archives for vB3 - list]|[List of one-time-emails to ban]


                              http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...efox_80x15.png

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Stadler
                                I think, I've found a bug: Shouldn't there be a check for the MySQL-permission 'Delete'?
                                good point, there should be and i'll look into checking safe_mode with the upload_tmp_dir.

                                Though open_basedir does override upload_tmp_dir, unless thats within the set directory.
                                Last edited by Scott MacVicar; Wed 1 Jan '03, 8:34am.
                                Scott MacVicar

                                My Blog | Twitter

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X